JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Need seed for your garden, small farm or for just in case of WTSHTF? Then, I'm your guy. I am a 5th generation small scale farmer and seed breeder with an advanced degree in horticulture.

I currently have available over 100 varieties of select vegetable seed available in bulk quantities for your long term kit, as well as in pre-selected sets. All of my seed is fresh production, non-hybrid and is free of GM contaminants. No junk like you find in Sprawlmart, just seed for good old fashioned, tasty food like your great grandparents grew.

In addition to good old $$$, I also take gold/silver etc. and of course, trades. (At the moment, I am in the market for Black Powders, a cheap .410, anything in 7.62x25 and other inexpensive guns, as well as mining and prospecting gear)

For those interested in developing their own food security, but feel clueless or uncertain, I can also provide free help on request. Just drop me a note.

P.S. - I feel that in this economy it is of upmost importance to get seed out to as many people as possible. There are 300,000+ people in Oregon now on food stamps (and probably just as many who deserve to be, but are too proud to do it). If you honestly can't afford seed to start a garden, but feel that it's important to establish some food security for you and your family, please put your pride aside and just PM me. Your request will be just between us and I'll make sure that you have enough seed to get it going. Anyone who works with community/church/school garden projects is also free to drop me a note - I'll be happy to send your project a donation.

Seed List follows: (still updating for the coming season, so if you don't see it, please ask)

Unfortunately, space does not permit for complete variety descriptions.

Complete Home Garden Selection
A complete selection of seed for your garden. 100 standard sized packets of vegetables, adequate enough to supply the average family with plenty of fresh vegetables for a year. My selection on varieties. Includes most of the varieties on this list, as well as many others from my private collection. $25 each.

Individual packets of all the below are $1.50 each, $10 minimum (I pay shipping).

Asparagus
UC72 - 1.5 oz. (2500 seeds) $5

Broccoli

Waltham 29 - 1/4 oz.(1500 seeds) $5

Brussel Sprouts
Long Island Brussel Sprouts - 1/4 oz.(1500 seeds) $5

Cabbage
Copenhagen Market Cabbage - 1/4 oz. (1500 seeds) $5
Late Flat Dutch - 1/4 oz. (1500 seeds) $5
Red Acre - 1/4 oz. (1500 seeds) $5

Carrot
Danver's - 1/4 oz. (4500 seeds) $5
Scarlet Nantes - 1/4 oz. (4500 seeds) $5

Cauliflower
Self Blanche - 1/4 oz. (1500 seeds) $5

Celery
Utah - 1/4 oz. (15000 seeds) $5

Corn
Golden Bantam Sweet Corn - 4 oz (600 seeds) $5.00

Collard
Morris Heading Collard - 1/4 oz. (1500 seeds) $5
Vates Collard - 1/4 oz. (1500 seeds) $5

Cucumber
Wisconsin SMR58 Cucumber - 1/2 oz. (500 seeds) $7.50
Marketmore 76 - 1/2 oz. (500 seeds) $7.50
Boston Pickling - 1/2 oz. (500 seeds) $7.50
Straight 8 - 1/2 oz. (500 seeds) $7.50

Eggplant
Long Purple Eggplant - 1/4 oz. (1500 seeds) $10
Black Beauty - 1/4 oz. (1500 seeds) $10

Misc. Greens
Lamb's Lettuce - 1/8 oz (2500 seeds) $5
Broadleaf Batavian Endive 1/4 oz. (5000 seeds) $5

Leek
American Flag - 1/4 oz. (1250 seeds) $5

Lettuce
Red Salad Bowl - 1/4 oz. (4000 seeds) $5
Iceberg - 1/4 oz. (4000 seeds) $5
Ruby Red - 1/4 oz. (4000 seeds) $5
Paris Island Romaine - 1/4 oz. (4000 seeds) $5
Black Seeded Simpson - 1/4 oz. (4000 seeds) $5
Oakleaf - 1/4 oz. (4000 seeds) $5
Green Salad Bowl - 1/4 oz. (4000 seeds) $5

Melon
Hearts of Gold - 1/2 oz. (500 seeds) $7.50

Mustard
Southern Giant Curled - 1/4 oz.(2500 seeds) $5
Red Giant - 1/4 oz. (2500 seeds) $5

Okra
Clemson Spineless - 1/2 oz. (250 seeds) $5

Parsnip
All American Parsnip - 1 oz. (5000 seeds) $5

Peas
Early Frosty - 4 oz. (400 seeds) $5

Pepper
Keystone Giant Bell - 1/8 oz. (200 seeds) $7.50

Radish
Cherry Belle - 1/2 oz. (1250 seeds) $5

Rutabaga
American Purple Top - 1/4 oz. (1500 seeds) $5

Spinach
Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach - 1/4 oz. (500 seeds) $5

Swiss Chard
Fordhook Swiss Chard - 1/2 oz (600 seeds) $5

Tomato
Ponderosa Red Tomato - 1/4 oz. (2500 seeds) $12.50
Ponderosa Pink Tomato - 1/4 oz. (2500 seeds) $12.50
Burpee Delicious - 1/4 oz. (2500 seeds) $12.50
Roma - 1/4 oz. (2500 seeds) $12.50
Ace - 1/4 oz. (2500 seeds) $12.50
Homestead - 1/4 oz. (2500 seeds) $12.50

Turnip
Purple Top White Globe - 1/4 oz. (1500 seeds) $5

Watermelon
Black Diamond Watermelon - 4 oz. (700 seeds) $8.50

Zucchini
Black Beauty - 1/2 oz. (150 seeds) - $5

FAQ:

1.) What sort of lifespan does seed have?

A.) As a general rule of thumb, most fruit and vegetable seed has a COMMERCIAL shelf life of five years. That means that the seed gives germination that is adequate so far the professional farmer or seed breeder is concerned.

However, if you would like to extend the life of your seeds, wrap the packages in a layer of newspaper and drop those into your freezer. This is as close as the lay person can get to duplicating commercial seed storage, such as used by the USDA's Plant Material Repository system, CGN in the Netherlands or the so-called Doomsday Seed Vault in Norway. Kept in this fashion, you can extend the lifespan of a seed batch well beyond the five year mark. Ten to fifteen years is certainly not out of line and it's not unusual for the USDA or other organizations to be maintaining seed that is in excess of fifty years old. As I've personally obtained a lot of breeding stock through USDA, CGN and others, I can tell you that some of it is actually much older than fifty years old and seed tracing back to the 30's continues to give at least some performance.

Keep in mind that no matter what, germination will decline as time goes on simply because each seed contains the germplasm and food necessary to give life to one seedling. As it does with storing grains for food use, as time goes on, the nutritional value of the seed begins to break down. Often, in working with very old seed, sometimes the actual germplasm is very much still alive (ie. the seed will sprout), but the food necessary to support that sprout has become inadequate and the seedling is very weak or dies in a few days.

To guard against this, if you are looking to store seed as a long term guard against crisis, I would really recommend storing new batches of seed every few years and testing each lot of seed annually. (You can do this by taking ten seeds from your batch and just sprouting them in a jar). This will give you a rough idea on how each batch is holding up.

Of course it is better, if you make it a point to not just store seed, but to grow (at least) a small garden each year and learn to breed and save your own seed to keep your supply steady. This is not as difficult as most people might assume.

2.) What sort of other packages do you have for WTSHTF?

A.) Regarding bigger WTSHTF/crisis packages (other than the 100 packet set). In the past, I did put these together, but over time discovered that most people had their own ideas about what should be included. My idea was to make them as broad as possible, but too often, they wished to mix or match what was in the package. They would say "Well, I hate turnips, parsnips and radishes, I want more tomatoes instead."

As a general guideline, my 100 sets are put together with the idea that they will feed a person for a year.

That said, what I really recommend is taking a look at my master list of bulk seed and if you take 10 or more, I'll be happy to give you a package discount as a group. Alternatively, I can put something together based on whatever budget you wish to devote, as well as based on your needs.

Last Edited:
Can you tell me what different "kits" you have available and the cost associated with them? Could you also tell me what the shelf life is for these seeds? Thanks

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top