JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The mere thought of climbing Everest and surviving is astounding. When you are flying an aircraft, you have to be on oxygen above 10,000 feet or pressurized to 8,000.

So how the hell can you possibly climb Everest from 10,000 to 29,000 feet on oxygen the whole time ?? Not going to happen. Hypoxia city baby. Pulmonary embolisim coming right up. Hell of a way to go. No 911 or paramedics up there.

Leave your frozen carcass there for the rest to slip a beer in your hands as they go by.

I have never understood the appeal.
You pay probably $70k+, climbing in treacherous environment, horrible conditions, likely die or get frost bite, and be extremely miserable, if you even make it to the top.

On a side note,

Two amputee Vets completed the climb in the last week. Both with a prothetic leg.

That's a bad MFer.

Let your ego propel you and don't be surprised if you meet death along the way.
I have met many climbers who don't listen to their bodies. Granted, altitude sickness can strike anyone, any time.
It's absurd to think they would improve the perception of vegans by their feat. I know vegans who run marathons, and one who runs ultra-marathons (105 miles).

I've never understood this. I've never understood how anyone in good conscience would be a mountain climber unless they were single with no dependents.

I think I heard the odds of dying from Mount Everest one we're something like 1 in every 3. Might be wrong, not something I would ever want to do. I certainly don't look at those who have done it as brave, I look at them as lucky idiots.

No sympathy here. where I come from, non meat eaters (herbivores) are called "prey". It is my opinion that these thrill seeker types have some underlying psychological issues anyway.

I was one of those idiots when I went into the service, and let me tell you, my thrill seeking, addicted to adrenaline days are DONE. What the hell was I thinking!??

I'm not the religious type, but when I hear about these climbers, the story of the Tower of Babel always comes to mind for some reason.

I think I heard the odds of dying from Mount Everest one we're something like 1 in every 3. Might be wrong, not something I would ever want to do. I certainly don't look at those who have done it as brave, I look at them as lucky idiots.
If you happen to reach the summit, you've got about a 3% chance of dying, according to the latest stats. Better than 1 out of 3, but still. If you don't want to get eaten by a shark, stay out of the ocean. Don't want to die mountain climbing? I know a 100% foolproof way, and I practice it daily.

I guess I still don't see the reason some folks need to 'prove' their worth to others, whether it's to somehow 'justify' their chosen lifestyle or it's something else. Just seems a huge waste to me to worry so much about what other people think that, in this case, you're willing to risk your life to do what??? Prove a point??? And what point is that? Vegans can do things too??? WTF is wrong with these people? Maybe a little meat in their diet would have helped straighten out their twisted thinking.

Sad, but sorry, very little sympathy. You put yourself at risk, you pay the price.

Mountains and nature for that matter doesn't care what you eat. It will kill you all the same.

I have no problems with vegans or vegetarians. Just don't tell you're better than I am. Everything we eat was alive at some point, just because what you eat doesn't have feelings doesn't mean you're not consuming something that was living same as you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top