JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am out with my friend's kid who is almost 12. We are out at Christmas Valley and the weather is great. He has his own scoped Savage bolt action and his first ever kill today was a sand rat (aka gopher) at 95 yards !

Last night we were out on jackrabbits and nailed one with a shotgun. He also saw his first elk and antelope.

Making me wish I was there! Last year we had a hard time finding fields not marked no trespassing and the maps Dindales hands out were of very little help. Keep us posted on the numbers that you are getting. Have fun and be safe!

Making me wish I was there! Last year we had a hard time finding fields not marked no trespassing and the maps Dindales hands out were of very little help. Keep us posted on the numbers that you are getting. Have fun and be safe!

No hunting allowed on Dinsdale at this time. Young rats not out yet. At the moment we are glassing from a table. Will be set up some 500 yard metal targets shortly. Shooting scoped .223, iron sighted AR 10..308, and a Yugo M48 with a varmint scope using Nosler 180 grain ballistic tip.

I just postponed my bunny trip :(

My father in law is over 65 and my buddy that goes with me has a wife with a new kidney....as I'm still working and around people from all over, just not worth the risk....first time in 15 years we haven't gone in spring...

No hunting allowed on Dinsdale at this time. Young rats not out yet. At the moment we are glassing from a table. Will be set up some 500 yard metal targets shortly. Shooting scoped .223, iron sighted AR 10..308, and a Yugo M48 with a varmint scope using Nosler 180 grain ballistic tip.
Thanks for the report...enjoy the weather

I have been kinda wondering what the sage rat season was going to look like this year....
Lots of lodging options shut down. I'm sure those small, rural communities would like the influx of outside cash to come in, but do they want the risk of folks from the large population centers bringing in possible virus exposure?
Anyone adjusting their plans?

I'm 72 and am going to go shoot rats with the same group that I go with every year. I will travel alone and stay in my camper alone. It's going to be easy enough to maintain a reasonable distance from folks since we will all be outside. I typically shoot by myself anyway. The only problem I have is that my wife has a short leash on me and I haven't told her I'm going.

I have been kinda wondering what the sage rat season was going to look like this year....
Lots of lodging options shut down. I'm sure those small, rural communities would like the influx of outside cash to come in, but do they want the risk of folks from the large population centers bringing in possible virus exposure?
Anyone adjusting their plans?

Both motels in Christmas Valley are open. As are the restaurants for take out. Pump your own gas.

The kid shot my .223 Remington 700 varmint for the first time. He hit a empty spray paint can at 305 yards. No rock Chucks . We looked hard toward summer lake. Going out for rabbits tonight.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top