JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend and I are fairly accomplished mid range shooters, both with night vision set-ups. We had been discussing going out to BLM and eliminating some of the larger pest species that are in the state. But on further discussion we figured that finding a farmer/rancher who has issue with boar or coyote might be the better option.

As I don't know any central or southern OR ranchers personally I'm curious if any of you know how to get to where we want to go. I get 9 days of vacation in spring and would be very happy to test my skills and help out someone who could use it.

For local varmint hunting, walk up to the farmer's door and ask ! Be considerate, be polite, and start a conversation with them. It might be short, it might be long. You never know until you try. I got a lot of no thank you's and only a few gave permission, but those few were real gold mines :s0155:
Also check the hunting reg's because you may need more than just a hunting license when hunting at night.

Posting on Craigslist netted me a couple of spots but I got more people responding they had LOTS of coyotes when they really had little to no activity. When a person hears them, they are naturally right under their window !

I just found a ranch outside Myrtle Point with coyotes in the fields and knocked on the door and politly asked if I could help them with the coyotes. They said sure so I set up and downed three yotes. Most ranches don't mind you asking and will most likely say yes.

I would like to know what you do with the dead coyotes. Do you have a place that buys the furs?

I actually know a person, distant relative really, who takes the bones and turns them to bone-black for dyes and ink. He's also a Native artist, so it's in line with his ancestry. The pelts can be sold or used. I believe there's a $5? $15? bounty in certain counties.

A friend and I are fairly accomplished mid range shooters, both with night vision set-ups. We had been discussing going out to BLM and eliminating some of the larger pest species that are in the state. But on further discussion we figured that finding a farmer/rancher who has issue with boar or coyote might be the better option.

As I don't know any central or southern OR ranchers personally I'm curious if any of you know how to get to where we want to go. I get 9 days of vacation in spring and would be very happy to test my skills and help out someone who could use it.

The ways that I have gotten permission is to ask politly. I try to find places to hunt during the off season so I don't walk up to the door in camo. I have had good luck with offering fish also. It never hurts to help around the property after you get permission. Just my :s0159:

I just found a ranch outside Myrtle Point with coyotes in the fields and knocked on the door and politly asked if I could help them with the coyotes. They said sure so I set up and downed three yotes. Most ranches don't mind you asking and will most likely say yes.

your prob hunting down by are ranch.. we have a bad yote prob but im not that good at hunting thim..:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top