JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not Varget but commonly used simular to it: Shooters World Precision Rifle

It is in stock at Mid South.

I bought a .308 and started reloading for it about 5 months ago. I researched loads and decided that Varget was the powder for me. I had to order 2 cans from Powder Valley and it was $86. Then I stopped by my FFL and he had a couple of cans he just got in and hadn't put on the shelf, so I grabbed one of those for $35.

I anticipate that those three cans will have to last me for quite a while.

I've got an unopened pound that I could let you have at the Covid Special Price of just $199.95 (plus shipping) :D. Kidding, of course, although if you were close, I'd be happy to help you out, Varget just doesn't work for my purposes. Good luck!

Dave

IMR4895 was a close second to Varget for my application and I saw some on the shelf at my LGS last visit. My latest project is a .30-06 Ackley Improved and the loads I have for it call for Reloader 22, which apparently was next to impossible to find BEFORE the latest panic. I have 3/4 of a can of it from the 90's.

Hopefully tomorrow it will be cool enough in my gun room to do some dremel work to get the composite stock modified for the pre-'64 Model 70 action and then I can start developing loads.

Vargets good stuff for sure....

But I was utterly ECSTATIC to find that another powder in my inventory matched velocity, and MPOI, using the same bullet, with just a 1 grain difference in charge weight....

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads