Varget in 204 Ruger?

Reactions
Has anyone used this in 204 Ruger. I use it in my .223 loads and would like to keep the same powder but find most favor other powders for 204 ruger.

I would be pushing a 39 or 40 grain bullet. Either the NBT or SBK.

Thanks

Reactions
Here's a good "read" on the .204 Ruger loads. Reloading the .204 Ruger Page

If "Speed" is your goal then there are better powders than Varget in this caliber. If a "Universal" powder for your reloading is the goal then take a look at the bullet weights where Varget gives some good performance.

Another good powder with popularity due to performance in .223 and a bunch of other calibers, including 204 Ruger is H-4895. For the bullets you indicated it's right up there for speed.

Now it's really a matter of you working up a load using your choice of powder that shoots well in YOUR rifle. A good Chronograph would help too with this process.

Reactions
I then tried varget in the 204 - its ok but there are better choices out there.

After varget, I also tried h322, and 335 - then I stumbled on RL10. I found that RL 10X was the best for accuracy, and could get 4k fps with the 32gr bullets.

Saubier.com is a good online resource.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom