JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:07 PM
To: Campbell, Pat; Hansen, Bart; Harris, Jeanne; Leavitt, Tim; Smith, Larry; Stewart, Jeanne; Burkman, Jack
Cc: McDonnell, Pat
Subject: Ethics violation complaint

September 14, 2010

Mayor and Council,

We believe a violation of the Vancouver City Council Code of Ethics has occurred. Section 6.0 A of the Ethics Code, Standards of Conduct – Mission, states that “Council Members will at all times treat each other with respect and dignity.”

Councilmember Jeanne Harris’ actions toward fellow Councilmember Jeanne Stewart and Mayor Tim Leavitt at last night’s meeting were not respectful and did not treat them with dignity.

We respectfully request that an Ethics Committee be established at the next regular Council meeting, per Section 7.0 of the City Council Code of Ethics policy to investigate these allegations and determine action that should be taken.

Councilmember Jack Burkman
Councilmember Larry Smith

file.php?id=652&t=1.jpg

Sounds like all she is going to get is a slap on the wrist, according to the news last night. The folks up there should recall her, and elect someone they can have some respect for.

Makes me glad I don't live in Vancouver. Censorship, they ask what business the topic being discussed is to the city and the council member shuts him down mid explanation. I'm just curious, is she the mayor, or is he just an impotent leader? I'm not sure which is worse. Her going off or the mayor not slamming his gavel and shutting her down...

Having worked for three different small cities I have sat through many council meeting and seen this kind of thing happen too many times. Battles between council member, council members and the public, and the public themselves calling one another outside settle their differences. In the City I now live in one of the women on the council had to file a restraining order after a woman made a throat slashing gesture directed at her during a meeting. The Mayor at the time did nothing.

These things go on when a Mayor looses control of the meeting. I think in the case of the Vancouver meeting the Mayor showed just what he is made of and exposed his total lack of leadership. I don’t see him securing another term in office.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top