JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
prowler?
280px-2008-10-05_Red_Plymouth_Prowler_at_South_Square.jpg

in for more detail.

Well I think the Prez is going to want to send a team of Feds and a contingent of UN troops in to investigate this probable instance of gun violence! If it is indeed murder there is a chance that it was committed with an assault rifle, probable even! If that is the case they will have to arrest the rifle too! In fact, since this is Vancouver, he will probably want to declare martial law and arrest all of the firearms!

wait, article is confusing me, they used word "intruder" and "prowler".

"intruder" and "prowler" is not same thing from my point of view. ban media.

KOIN's Brent Weisberg reported on this story Tuesday morning. KOIN learned that the individual who was shot and killed Tuesday was outside at the time; a neighbor tells KOIN the man's body could be seen in the street

I'll probably be wrong again. The home owner called 911 about a prowler. He went outside and confronted the guy. The home owner said he was attacked by the prowler and self defense? It sounds like the deal down in Florida with Travon Martin.

I looked up this related ORS just so I could learn. A good lawyer will probably still be needed.

161.225 Use of physical force in defense of premises. (1) A person in lawful possession or control of premises is justified in using physical force upon another person when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent or terminate what the person reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the premises.

(2) A person may use deadly physical force under the circumstances set forth in subsection (1) of this section only:

(a) In defense of a person as provided in ORS 161.219; or

(b) When the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent the commission of arson or a felony by force and violence by the trespasser.

Did anyone notice the prowler's name? Iosif Dumitrash - I don't want to seem insensitive but that seems like a prank name. Something like "Heywood Jablowme" or "Mike Hunt"

That could really be his name but I just thought that it was odd.

BTW there was a home invasion in Washougal recently - two intruders who spoke with what sounded like Russian to each other, duct taped an old lady and stole all of her loot. I don't think they caught the guys - I wonder if there is any connection to this new shooting.

VANCOUVER, Wash. – An attorney representing a Vancouver murder suspect involved in a shooting early Tuesday morning said Sean H. Doucette, 27, saw a man breaking into his car and confronted him in the street.

In a court appearance Wednesday morning, Doucette's attorney said his client got into a physical confrontation with the man, took out his gun, and shot him four times.

By FOX 12 Webstaff - email

VANCOUVER, WA (KPTV) -
Court documents have shed new light on what happened outside a Vancouver home where a 19-year-old man who police described as a prowler was shot and killed.

Sean Doucette, 27, appeared in court Wednesday on a charge of second-degree attempted murder for the shooting in the 14800 block of Northeast 33rd Street, where Doucette lives.

A defense attorney said Doucette had just come home from work around 4 a.m. Tuesday when he heard a car alarm go off across the street. Doucette told his wife to call 911 as he tried to contain the suspected prowler, the attorney said.

A fight ensued between Doucette and 19-year-old Iosif Dumitrash, according to Doucette's wife.

Detectives cited information from an independent witness, who told them Doucette and Dumitrash fought and then fell on the ground. When they fell, both men separated from each other, and Dumitrash "began to walk away," authorities said.

That's when Doucette fired the fatal shots, the court documents said. At 3:53 a.m., Doucette's wife called 911 to tell dispatchers her husband had shot someone.

Officers responded and found numerous empty shell casings in the street, close to where Dumitrash's body was found.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top