JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am glad another homeowner could protect himself and his family. But there is always another side to the story. I got this from the link above. I feel for her and her family, too. Like Skang said, meth is a hell of a drug.

Christian Taylor Billings · Full Time Sales at Menards
That was my dad. I just learned about his death today, and thought I would google what happened to get a better picture. This is not only a story on how a man broke into a house and was shot and killed, but also a story on how drugs can twist a person and make them do crazy things. My dad wasn't a bad guy, he was very caring, but had a bad problem. I wish I could blame the owner for this, or the police, but I can't. I wish I knew more of why he was there or what he was doing, but I may never know that. I just want all of you to know that he was a good guy, he had a caring family, and chose a hard rode in life. He made mistakes like everyone else, but at a more sever level. So all of you people who say "I praise you for killing someone", how would you feel if that was your loved one being killed? It's not something to be praised but a situation that should be mourned.

I also kind of agree with his last statement. Don't get me wrong. I'd do exactly the same thing in this situation. It is just I do not want to lose sight I would have shot another human being.

Sorry to here that his dad is now dead.

I find this interesting. The homeowner fired his gun twice while on the phone with the police, killing the intruder. Why is it that when we hear of a homeowner shooting an intruder in their own home its usually only with a few shots? I have rarely heard of a homeowner emptying their firearm at the intruder.

okay, i'm just going to mention that the police should focus more of their drug enforcement resources from marijuana to attempting to snuff out meth and crack.

back on topic: the dead guy chose his path in life. now he can walk the plains of wherever thinking about his actions in the living realm. good people don't break into other peoples' homes, rob others, and all that crap. he WAS a good person before drugs took control of his life. back when my brother was a druggy, i told him that if he ever breaks into my home, or a family members, or anybody else's, i wouldn't feel sorry for him if/when he got shot and killed. i'd have done it if it were my own home! i think that statement may have started him on the correct path in life. he's been clean for 3 years now and holds a legitimate job.

Sorry to here that his dad is now dead.

I find this interesting. The homeowner fired his gun twice while on the phone with the police, killing the intruder. Why is it that when we hear of a homeowner shooting an intruder in their own home its usually only with a few shots? I have rarely heard of a homeowner emptying their firearm at the intruder.

Because if you do, you'll be in a world of hurt legal-wise. You can only use enough force to stop the threat. If the perp is down and out and you keep unloading on him/her you will probably be charged.

That said, a wife who unloads a full 9mm mag in a panic at an attacker would probably not be in trouble for it. It is all about what a 'reasonable' person would do. Any jury would understand a woman in terror/panic over reacting. A cool, calm person extensively trained in firearms who unloads 15 rounds of 9mm into an intruder - not so much.

I guess the exception might be if you use a .22 for HD and the argument could be made that a assailant could not be stopped for sure without multiple rounds.

This shooting happened two blocks from a friend's house. Hopefully he'll take HD more seriously now.

Sure a well placed shot of really any caliber will kill someone. But you won't always have the time or ability to get off a well placed shot. Especially if it is the middle of the night and someone is breaking into your bedroom. I prefer .45 (hence why I'm happy my fellow Marines are going back to the .45).

Either way good for this guy though. I'm glad he is safe.

.25 would have worked better.........................

like .25 cal steel balls from a shotgun blast :p

(really, dead is dead....at least the shooter had a means to defend himself, vs throwing pillows and shoes while screaming "help, police!")

Good news, another baddie gone and the victim is safe. I just hope this isn't something that haunts them. I would imagine the emotional toll from killing someone, even a baddie, is hard for someone who is not trained mentally for it.
ps.. my ma just bought a p22.:s0155:

If you're that interested, you can probably google it yourself. Please be aware that challenging an unsupported assertion is all well and good but it's a lot more civil to simply post a link yourself if you disagree. I'm always surprised how many people challenge others to provide a link without taking a stab at verifying or disproving it for themselves.

There's a lot of BS on boards like this, no doubt. But a basic study of the force continuum and deadly force interactions clearly distills a few principles for us. One is that we are only authorized use of deadly force in defense of life in Washington and Oregon, not property. The moment the threat of death, serious injury, disfigurement, maiming, etc is removed, we're no longer authorized deadly force, it would become a revenge killing at that point.

That's what the poster above is saying. Once the person is down, on the floor, you had better have a very clear articulation of why they were a continuing threat, because basic forensic evidence is going to show that they were down. If they were down and still moving, still in posession of the weapon and still attempting to harm you, you're in the clear, but you need to be able to explain that to a jury if necessary. You need ot be able to explain WHY you emptied your gun into a person- because almost certainly someone is going to ask the question.

If that answer was "I was panicked and over-reacted" it's probably not going to go well for you, even if you're a 98 lb 98 year old house wife.

Not opinion, an explanation of principles.

On another note: NEVER explain it to the cops before you get a lawyer to talk it over with. "This person broke into my house. He has been shot. Please send an ambulance." If the cops press you, tell them you don't feel up to explaining into you can calm down from the stress and you need counsel present. You may even need medical treatment from the stress reaction.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top