JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Join the open carry Washington crowd for a picnic in support of all 2nd amendment rights. You do not need to open carry to attend. You do not need to even own a gun to attend. This is a family event, so bring your wife and kids as well. Lastly, we will be raising some funds for the acid attack victim while we are sharing information on the 2nd amendment.

More info: Vancouver, WA BBQ @ Esther Short Park Sept. 25th 1pm

It is time to hit the last corner of the state. The one where the PA thinks that he abides by a different set of laws and rules.

We have the parks acknowledging that their firearms signs are invalid.

The Kirby case will be held on Oct. 1st a week following, this will be a big deal.

It will be a potluck, with detail to come. (Dishes assigned by first letter of last name)

Ok, to follow up.

NO, charcoal grills allowed. Joe is in charge of a gas grill.

Dish Last name begins with

Meat/Main Dish A thru F

Side Dish G thru L

Chips/Rolls/Snack M thru R

Dessert/Beverage S thru Z
(Deros has some leftover beverage too)

I have been lurking on theopen carry forum (though not a member) for a while and have followed gogoDawgs well informed and thought out opinions on the online version of the Columbian. While I have never opened carried, (except for many moons ago in the service and currently while in the back country) and I prefer to carry conceal (In OR and WA). I and a friend will be attending to show our support for our open carry brethren.

Wow! Thanks, I am humbled.

As I would say, OC is not for everyone. For those of us to choose to do so, we hope to expand the rights of gun owners everywhere and also take away the stigma the anti's have used against gun owners over the years.

Press release 9/21/2010
Nick smith
[email protected]
253-221-9168
James Beal
[email protected]
702-348-3194
Joe Winton (Vancouver)
[email protected]
360-606-6837
Armed citizens to gather at Esther Short Park in Vancouver
In light of recent incidents (i.e. the Kurk Kirby case, Vancouver Columbian March 2010 set for trial Oct.1st) of unlawful detainment by law enforcement in Vancouver, along with other violations of the 4th amendment, statewide Open Carry will be putting on a picnic in Esther Short Park.
The purpose will be for Open Carry.org Washington in conjunction with gun owners from around the state to get together for the purpose of educating the public on Washington's gun laws and the rights of citizens in exercising their 2nd amendment as re affirmed by the Heller and McDonald decisions.
Place: Esther Short Park, Vancouver Washington
Date and Time: Sept.25th at 1 Pm
In addition, bans on so called city property violates state preemption RCW 941.290 as indicated in Washington state attorney general Rob McKenna's opinion dated Oct. 13 2008.AGO 2008#8. The right to bear arms is also contained in the constitution of the United States and the state of Washington. We all know these bans never work! "...all power is inherent in the people...it is their right and duty to be at all times armed..." Thomas Jefferson

We had about 55 or so attend the picnic at Esther Short. We had lots of regular members of the public that came up to the tables and learned about OC. I also spoke with a Cmdr and 2 Lt. with the VPD, they have asked us to come back and speak with thier officers on open carry. They stated it was 'new' to many of thier officers. Hopefully within a week I will be able to speak with them. They were very professional and courteous in their introductions to our group.

Here are some pictures:

banner.jpg

interviewfront.jpg

wideangle.jpg

Geez, I must have been asleep, totally missed this! Next time let me know and we'll put it on the NWFA calendar ;)

Yup. I even sent them an invite! Oh well....:huh:

renewal notice yesterday ($120 for 6 months). I sent The Columbian an email asking if they covered the function and if so where/when did it appear.

Also told them my renewal hinged on their answer.

The "Trade Ratings" is low by 3!
Some people just don't post it I guess

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACSWW member

at Esther Short Park:

Hi Deen:

We didn't cover the gathering, but if someone has some information to share, we would publish it in our Neighbors section. The contact person is Paul Suarez, [email protected]; 360-735-4530.

-- Craig

So they didn't even bother to have a reporter WALK over (two blocks from the office to the park) and now they want someone to provide them with the info?

The "Trade Ratings" is low by 3!
Some people just don't post it I guess

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACSWW member

could put a story about trees on country right of way on the front page but didn't bother to cover the Open Carry gathering last month!!

Kind of tells me I don't need to renew my subscription. That'll save me $240 a year.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACSWW member

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class