Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Vancouver Rifle & Pistol club kudos

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by KONE KILLER, Dec 3, 2012.

1. KONE KILLER

KONE KILLER WASHOUGAL, WA Active Member

Last week a friend took me to the range for a bit of .22 shooting and my first indoor experience.
    As we came in, a guy was leaving. My friend knew him, they got to talking about the kind of shooting we were gonna do (speed paper plates and itsca I think...). He asked to join us for a few rounds. Great guy! Between him and my friend Allen, they made me feel like an indoor pro!
    The shooting went great! When I shoot outside, I go more for distance or tiny targets, not really speed. This time the targets were large, but I had to shoot fast and accurate. I did pretty well, because they invited me to their little shoot they do on Thursdays. I was not able to make it due to the new baby not having a good day and ma' needed a break.

Just wanted to say thanks for helping me out and making me feel welcome!

Great little indoor range! Also talked to a guy getting his Marlin 795 sighted in as we were getting ready to wrap up, nice guy as well!

cwegga and (deleted member) like this.
  2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

My "problem" with them is the limited choices of ammo. Almost all of what I shoot goes over the 1,000 fps limit.

3. KONE KILLER

KONE KILLER WASHOUGAL, WA Active Member

Yeah, I would only bring my .22's, as well since I dont reload and most .357/.38 or .45 stuff from the store goes over the 1000 fps or is jacketed.
    But I would recomend that place for sure if you have .22's and want to blow away some paper when the weather is nasty outside! Well worth the price of admission for sure.
    Another thing that got me was how clean it was and it didnt smell too bad after we got done shooting!

So just a disclaimer... I am not a member. Dont know if I ever will be able to since I just became a new dad and blowing $100 at one time will now take us winning the lotto or finding out I had a long lost rich relative that left their fortunes to me after they died.

4. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Where in the world do you find non-jacketed 9mm and .40 and under 1,000 fps? Talk about very limited choices and I'm guessing that a lot of the members probably violate the rules and not even realize it. I'm glad my range isn't as restrictive as this one.

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

good to hear you had positive experience.

6. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

That's tough. Basically have to be a hand loader.

7. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I remember shooting there before they moved to the present location due to the highway (SR 500/503) taking their old location.