JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made the mistake of going to my first "gun show" in years today. Definitely not what I remember as a kid. Total ripoff for parking and entrance fees for what was available. I did learn that people are actually paying $60 for a 20 round box of .223! Are there any shows in the area worth attending?

I made the mistake of going to my first "gun show" in years today. Definitely not what I remember as a kid. Total ripoff for parking and entrance fees for what was available. I did learn that people are actually paying $60 for a 20 round box of .223! Are there any shows in the area worth attending?
Was it the Big Top/ Big Flop show?
Best,
Gary

Was it the Big Top/ Big Flop show?

"Big Flop," that's a good one. And very accurate. Dud shows even before the Covid thing. These are promoted by a kitchen table FFL dealer out of Lynnwood, Wash. Basically, he created a venue for his own gun sales. His own red table cloth area is dominant. I guess if you can find a hall that will rent to gun events, anybody can "promote" a gun show. Finding a few extra table holders to help subsidize the rental of the hall helps when added to the gate fee. I think I went to a few of these shows when he first started up around here. It didn't take long to see it was wasted time and money. Last I saw, the veteran discount on the gate fee was a whole dollar off.
I did learn that people are actually paying $60 for a 20 round box of .223!
Same poor sods who gave up money to go to these "shows."

Was watching an episode of Charlie's Angels. Weekday at 5pm. Anyway Kelly drives a Mustang ll. This is 1976 or so. Well the producers decide it's cheaper to blow up a classic 64 Mustang than the current model.

Paying $50-60 for a $7 box of ammo while water and electricity is still running is criminal. Not sure if that's a white or blue collar crime.

Was watching an episode of Charlie's Angels. Weekday at 5pm. Anyway Kelly drives a Mustang ll. This is 1976 or so. Well the producers decide it's cheaper to blow up a classic 64 Mustang than the current model.

Paying $50-60 for a $7 box of ammo while water and electricity is still running is criminal. Not sure if that's a white or blue collar crime.
It is a crime that most likely should be investigated by SVU.😳😳
Best,
Gary

I miss the old gun shows. Last month we went to California for a funeral. There was a gun show going on so we went out of curiosity. Best gun show I've been to in years. Long line at the ammo dealers tables. Everyone waiting on the background check to buy ammo.

ARPC gun show at Linn County fairgrounds used to be the best in the area. The Brownwitch caused the cancellations of the last two. When we eventually get to go back to one I'm not expecting much, might not even go.

I miss the old gun shows. Last month we went to California for a funeral. There was a gun show going on so we went out of curiosity. Best gun show I've been to in years. Long line at the ammo dealers tables. Everyone waiting on the background check to buy ammo.
My folks used to live in southern NV. I usually made a couple of road trips a year to visit.
Usually did week ends, so I could scope out gun shows.
Fallon NV !! A treasure trove of good things. One table had 11 Ruger Number 1s. Another table had 18 Randall knives.
Everyone there had guns, shot guns, and liked guns.
My one complaint. The jerky selection was very poor.😉😉
Another time in Fallon, I stopped at an outdoor flea market type of set up. I stopped at a table that had 8-19 Buck knives. As I was perusing the knives, the old fellow who had the table, asked"Ya like knives?". I told him I enjoyed quality knives.
He walked over to his truck, came back with a grocery bag, and dumped it on the table..
Another 15-20 Buck Knives!!
Always liked Fallon.
Best,
Gary

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews