JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know lots of local Portland area FFL's, can someone give me some Vancouver and close in surrounding FFL's that do transfers and maybe the prices?

Second question do Washington FFL's have to charge the $10 Oregon background check fee when transferring a long gun to an Oregon buyer?

The reason I am asking is I'm thinking of doing a long gun trade to a Washington resident and a Washington FFL would be the simplest and cheapest action for both of us.

Thanks in advance!

Cocktailer, JC, Pawn shop on 99 in Hazel del ($50).
I had to use the pawn shop in hazel dell when everyone was at SHOT.

+1 for Coctailer. I believe he may be both OR and WA. Last time I did a transfer through him I think it was $35. Not sure about the extra $10 though.

Same here but it was a transfer from OR to WA so it didn't have to go through the OR check.

8 former US Presidents have been NRA Members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

I think if you ae doing a Oregon to WA there will be not 10 Oregon fee. You will have to pay the transfer off the FFL only. And yes last time I used Coctailer he was 35 for the transfer. I know there is also a guy close to I-5 just over the bridge from Portland who does them and his info was given here on the board but I can not remember where.

Clark County Gunsmithing Ran by Leslie Jonnson.

He is a gunsmith and the one time I bought a gun and picked it up through him I found him to be a great guy. We ended up shootin the bull for almost an hour.

I believe he was $35 Dollars. Here is his number 360 694 7858. Call him Tuesdays and Thurdays for gun transfers from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm

Hope this info helps

WZ

I'm intrested in purchasing a couple suppressors. I live in Vancouver and would like to go through you as everyone here seems to point in that direction. I have done a lot of research and even set up my trust through a link got from my friends up at rainier arms. I like those guys a lot but I don't want to drive up there again. I am new to this forum in fact I became a member so I could contact you. My name is Zeke and my number is 360-980-1336 or you could email me at [email protected]. Thanks and look forward to doing business with ya.

Clark County Gunsmithing Ran by Leslie Jonnson.

He is a gunsmith and the one time I bought a gun and picked it up through him I found him to be a great guy. We ended up shootin the bull for almost an hour.

I believe he was $35 Dollars. Here is his number 360 694 7858. Call him Tuesdays and Thurdays for gun transfers from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm

Hope this info helps

WZ

I just did a transfer with Les Jonnson and his son Charlie at Clark County Gunsmithing last week. Long guns are $20 and handguns are $25. Unfortunately, the government is starting to enforce the sales tax, so he's also charging sales tax on the firearm. Great people to deal with and I will continue to use him.

i hope you guys can help me with FFL transfers... i've done searches but it seems that there are so many answers and different situations that i'm only more confused...

i'm moving to portland in a couple weeks. i am a full-time rv'er, so while i will be moving to portland and be staying for a while, i won't be changing my driver's license. i have a passport, though. my home base is laughlin, nevada.

i can establish residency with proof of where i'll be living, a new employer, and i'll have to get the electric in my own name. with that said, if i want to do a face to face handgun or rifle sale, once i am set up in the rv park, have electric in my name, have a job, do i need an oregon id / driver license to sell a handgun or rifle or will a passport be adequate.

do i still need to use a FFL gun dealer to make the sale? if i don't, then i'll leave the post as is... if i do need to use a FFL gun dealer, then i'll ask other questions...

thanks guys!

--carlos

i hope you guys can help me with FFL transfers... i've done searches but it seems that there are so many answers and different situations that i'm only more confused...

i'm moving to portland in a couple weeks. i am a full-time rv'er, so while i will be moving to portland and be staying for a while, i won't be changing my driver's license. i have a passport, though. my home base is laughlin, nevada.

i can establish residency with proof of where i'll be living, a new employer, and i'll have to get the electric in my own name. with that said, if i want to do a face to face handgun or rifle sale, once i am set up in the rv park, have electric in my name, have a job, do i need an oregon id / driver license to sell a handgun or rifle or will a passport be adequate.

do i still need to use a FFL gun dealer to make the sale? if i don't, then i'll leave the post as is... if i do need to use a FFL gun dealer, then i'll ask other questions...

thanks guys!

--carlos

Make sure your residency satisfies ATF requirements. A lot of people will still want to see a driver's license.

Carlos,

I would not sell to you face to face without ID from the state I was selling to you in.
Regardless if you've got a power bill and a pay stub.
Why not just get the OR DL anyway?

the problem with atf requirements is that they don't dictate what a "resident" is... they just say, identification. and since i currently live in new mexico where illegal alien's can get driver's licenses, asking for id is really a moot point!

since when is it required to have a driver's license or state identification to live in any state in the country, anyway, let alone prove that you are a resident!? a passport is federally recognized identification. if their intent is to try to hinder law abiding citizens from legally selling handguns and rifles, the only thing that does is encourage people to look the other way...

i'm not saying don't get a driver's license and drive a car, and i'm not saying don't ask the other for identification... there are bigger fish to fry than little old me...

because i am a full time rv'er... getting a new driver license, and then subsequently re-registering my truck and trailer, and also getting new insurance every time i travel to a new state would be asinine! there's not one rv'er that does it! most states require your driver's license, vehicle registrations, and insurances to have all the same name and be from the same state... so, i keep mine in laughlin, nv...

Carlos,

I would not sell to you face to face without ID from the state I was selling to you in.
Regardless if you've got a power bill and a pay stub.
Why not just get the OR DL anyway?

can anyone tell me what the requirements are to sell my guns to another? if one of them says both of us have to be a resident of the state, to what extent do we have to confirm this? since we are not asking them to fill out paperwork and there is no penalty of perjury on a federal form, just because they have a state dl or id does not mean that they are a resident! it's not my attempt to pick at straws, but give it to me in black and white...

i'm not trying to be a smart *** with anyone, and a thank you to everyone that helps me figure this out, but i don't want to live in a police state! i am not the criminal...

This is from the 4473: Instructions to transferers: "Before a licensee may sell or deliver a firearm to a
nonlicensee, the licensee must establish the identity, place of residence, and
age of the buyer. The buyer must provide a valid government-issued photo identification
to the seller that contains the buyer's name, residence address, and
date of birth. The licensee must record the type, identification number, and
expiration date (if any) of the identification in question 18a."

Notice it says "must provide"...now, what that really means is different for different people, but that is what the form says.
Now, if you are an RVer, a "snow bird" or whatever, you live with what you get. If you don't want to change your license etc., you may have to just go back to your state of "residence" to purchase a handgun. Long guns can usually be purchased in other states, unless you are from IL or CA or something...

thanks for the post... this is for the form that you fill out at a gun store or a FFL gun dealer, though, right? does this apply from person to person? well, then let me ask, if i go to a FFL gun dealer with my guns and another that wants to buy them, is my out of state id or passport adequate? are there any in the portland area with reasonable prices and what is the process for a transfer from one person to another...?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top