JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone here have hands on experience with the P83? I am considering purchasing one to go along with my P64 for 9mmM shooting but am unclear as to its quality.

Any input will be appreciated.

The P-83 seems to be a very nice, quality pistol. It holds 8 in the magazine and one in the chamber, the grip is extremely comfortable-- probably one of the very nicest of any firearm. it is apparently made of various portions of steel plate rather than forgings, hence the low cost. It looks beautiful, workmanship is excellent. The 9 x 18 Makarov cartridge is a bit more powerful than a .380.
The gun is a tad heavy, 1.4 lbs approx. but eases recoil nicely. I love this gun, have probably fired 500 rounds through two of them with only about three incidents with Tulammo brand ammo not feeding on the first shot; probably my failure to perhaps pull the slide back fully. Also, Tulammo has a ridge around the bullet itself, other brands do not and feed perfectly. (Wolf, Bear, Sellier and Belliot, Geco.)
I really love the gun and highly recommend it. It may be occasionally available from Sportsman's Guide for under $250 on sale. They have two grades, very good... and good with corresponding prices. Those descriptions seem very accurate and the weapons, though used, seem almost new.

The partial use of stampings on a pistol is pretty unusual. While I don't have any specific reasons to doubt the P83's long-term durability I wonder how well they hold up. You'd think if it were both economical and durable it would be more common.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top