JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, it's the same caliber as the round that took out ole Vinny, doesn't mean that's the actual arm. Even being found in the field where he was shot, does not make it "the gun". Me thinks some romantic fool was just separated from $182K... Life's funny like that...

Well, it is France, so just what do you expect? Personally, I could find a lot better use for that kind of money and I wouldn't even have to try very hard!:)

If the bullet didn't kill him, tetanus (aka lock-jaw) surly would have from all the rust on the thing.... :rolleyes:

CF00F8C9-0EF8-48B8-93D7-6B9473A78FF9.jpeg

Well, it is France, so just what do you expect? Personally, I could find a lot better use for that kind of money and I wouldn't even have to try very hard!:)

I completely agree with you, but for the people who purchase such things at ridiculous prices there is no concept of money. For them it probably wouldn't even equate to buying a pack of gum at the corner store for you and me.

If there was 100% positive proof that this was the actual gun then maybe it would have some value. Even then I wouldn't pay a dollar for it. But as it sits its probably worth $5 as a curiosity piece. Some people just have money to throw away.

The person/people/organization that bought it, probably didn't even think twice about dropping "only" $186K for it.

If it was a private collector, the "facts" and story that go along with it, is a conversation piece in itself. This would be the same kind of person that wouldn't blink dropping $3-$5 million for a car, $25K per night at a luxury resort, etc...

I have a long story regarding another pistol that i know of that "may or may not" have been used by General Custer's 7th Cavalry at the Battle of the Little Big Horn. All documentation by Colt says it was, but it was not recovered at the site. The guy i know bought it for an undisclosed sum. He has the liquid money to spend!

If i had the disposable income, I'd buy it (Van Gogh's). Even if it can't be proven, there is always the "what if...." that goes along with it, and a whole lot of "evidence" that points to it.

Like a lot of others have stated on here, I DO NOT have that kind of disposable income so i would not have purchased this (Van Gogh's) pistol. But if i did have the money, that is a different story....

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top