Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Value of these guns?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by rgillis56, Feb 19, 2010.

1. rgillis56

rgillis56 Eugene Member

I was thinking about possibly selling or trading one of these guns. These are nice firearms, and I have an idea of about how much they're worth, but hopefully someone a bit more knowledgeable can give me a more accurate idea:

The first one is a Browning .338 mag rifle. It has a black synthetic stock and stainless bolt/barrel. It has a Bausch and Lomb scope and a BOSS system. I also have a hard case for it and a couple boxes of ammo.

Next is a Ruger GP100 .357 mag revolver, blued metal. Soft case.

Last is a S&W Model 28 "Highway Patrolman", blued metal, wood grips. Soft case.

All are in very good condition. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks all.

2. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I look up going rates on gun broker to get a general idea... Then adjust as I see fit for item condition.

3. rgillis56

rgillis56 Eugene Member

Thanks for the reply cbzdel. I usually do the same, but I'm having trouble finding a similar Browning. I was told the orginal owner spent $2-$3,000 on it a decade or more ago, but that could be a wild exaggeration for all I know. There are plenty of the .357's to sift through though. It looks like they go from between $500-$650 for nice ones.

4. shlo812

shlo812 Centralia/Chehalis WA Member

I just sold a blued Ruger GP100 with a 6" barrel for $400 if that helps at all. Stainless ones tend to go for a little more than blued generally. I should mention that the one I sold was in 95% plus condition.

5. rgillis56

rgillis56 Eugene Member

This one has a 4" barrel and is in near perfect condition. I'm thinking about keeping that one and selling the s&w. Thanks for your input.

6. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

I'ld keep the GP myself. I love em.

Stainless/synthetic Browning A-bolt, $450-550.

B&L scope, 3-9? 4-12? Power?, maybe $150-200.

Hwy patrolman, $375.

These are prices, I'ld expect to pay for a used gun 95% or better cond.

7. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

I'd agree with huntpotter on his prices.

8. Buano

Buano NC Member

Assuming the Browning is a first-generation Stainless-Stalker, it's a good gun, worth $600-$750. Decrease $50 everywhere but Alaska as the .338 is too much gun for most hunters. I've seen several sell lately.