Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Value of these guns?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by rgillis56, Feb 19, 2010.

1. rgillis56

rgillis56 Eugene Member

I was thinking about possibly selling or trading one of these guns. These are nice firearms, and I have an idea of about how much they're worth, but hopefully someone a bit more knowledgeable can give me a more accurate idea:

The first one is a Browning .338 mag rifle. It has a black synthetic stock and stainless bolt/barrel. It has a Bausch and Lomb scope and a BOSS system. I also have a hard case for it and a couple boxes of ammo.

Next is a Ruger GP100 .357 mag revolver, blued metal. Soft case.

Last is a S&W Model 28 "Highway Patrolman", blued metal, wood grips. Soft case.

All are in very good condition. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks all.

2. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I look up going rates on gun broker to get a general idea... Then adjust as I see fit for item condition.

3. rgillis56

rgillis56 Eugene Member

Thanks for the reply cbzdel. I usually do the same, but I'm having trouble finding a similar Browning. I was told the orginal owner spent $2-$3,000 on it a decade or more ago, but that could be a wild exaggeration for all I know. There are plenty of the .357's to sift through though. It looks like they go from between $500-$650 for nice ones.

4. shlo812

shlo812 Centralia/Chehalis WA Member

I just sold a blued Ruger GP100 with a 6" barrel for $400 if that helps at all. Stainless ones tend to go for a little more than blued generally. I should mention that the one I sold was in 95% plus condition.

5. rgillis56

rgillis56 Eugene Member

This one has a 4" barrel and is in near perfect condition. I'm thinking about keeping that one and selling the s&w. Thanks for your input.

6. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

I'ld keep the GP myself. I love em.

Stainless/synthetic Browning A-bolt, $450-550.

B&L scope, 3-9? 4-12? Power?, maybe $150-200.

Hwy patrolman, $375.

These are prices, I'ld expect to pay for a used gun 95% or better cond.

7. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

I'd agree with huntpotter on his prices.

8. Buano

Buano NC Member

Assuming the Browning is a first-generation Stainless-Stalker, it's a good gun, worth $600-$750. Decrease $50 everywhere but Alaska as the .338 is too much gun for most hunters. I've seen several sell lately.