JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
An old family friend of mine is going to sell me her husbands hunting rifle, he died some time ago. It's a remington 700 ADL 30-06 with a Redfield 3x-9x scope, the type with a square shaped eye piece.
It's an old set-up, but looks to be in pretty great shape. I'd give the wood about 100%, barrel and action looks like 95%. No problems with it but could use a decent cleaning. Scope is in near perfect shape.
I didn't get the date code off the barrel or a picture of it.
Anyway, she told me to give her what I thought its worth and to be honest I'm not real sure.
Anybody got any ideas on value?
Just lookin for a ballpark figure, I'd like to make sure I'm in the proper neighborhood with what I'm going to pay.

Here is an auction recently for a nice 700 ADL with Delux Monte Carlo stock, a Limbsaver and scope rings (no scope) stock was not cut.
Does yours have the delux stock, is the original butt plate there, or has a rubber pad installed.
Does the Redfield Widefield scope tube square on both ends, or only the eyepiece.
They are sought after if in original condition.
A decent price would be $475.00. Hope this helps.

GunAuction.com
Winner: G**********I
Current Price: $377.01
Quantity: 1 lot
Auction Closed: January 31, 2013 18:00:00 PDT
Auction Type: Basic Style
NRA Grade: Excellent
History: 43 Bid(s) ($0.01 starting bid)

The stock has the original buttplate. I don't know if its a deluxe stock but it is a Monte Carlo stock. The scope is only square on the eyepiece side.
The rifle and scope look to be in nearly perfect original condition. I thought for sure there would be some rust, it had about an inch of dust on it and hasn't been handled in 3-4 years. Very pleasantly surprised with the condition.

I agree with jbett. Anywhere in the 4-5 range would be fair for all involved. I have several variations of the 700 (adl,sps,bdl) and all where in that range purchased used.

Thanks for the input. She's been a good family friend and I'd like to do her a solid, but of course don't wanna over pay too much.

I agree, being an ADL I would be right around $400. Being a friend and a family gun I would lean towards $500. Those Redfield scopes are good ones, and Leupold will service them!!

If you are going to use the rifle, I would recommend having the action professionally glass bedded.
The Remington stock has a raised button of wood that touches the barrel about four inches from the fore end.
A little bit of moisture can swell the stock and throw off the accuracy.
I have a 722 Remington in .257 Roberts, and since I had the glass bedding done and swapped to a 700 trigger (they are adjustable) it's a certified tack driver with a Leupold Vari Xll scope.
The Redfield Wideview's are a cool vintage scope, but if your serious about hunting with the rifle, I would recommend replacing it with newer Leupold or other quality scope and bases. The Redfield could let you down when you need it the most.

Yea, I plan on replacing the stock at some point. It's ok for now, but I'm a left handed shooter and the Monte Carlo stock isn't the best option for me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top