JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what I've seen where I live you would be lucky to get $100-$250 for almost any non military marked Mossberg .22 rifle.

Which is too bad 'cause most of the ones I've owned or shot have shot very well.

Hard to put a price on your rifle without seeing it or knowing the "market" where you live.
Andy

I have one and its been with me for 50yrs. My grandpa gave it to me. Ive shot 1000s of rounds thru it. Still a tack driver and now my grandson shoots it.

Yep, the sad but true tale on these Mossbergs is that they don't bring in the value that their quality and accuracy deserve. They really are great rifles!
I have my dads M-146B, which is the T bolt, tubular magazine model! I like that it's a full sized rifle, 26" barrel and I have the scope and receiver sight for it! It was restored and refinished at the Kimber of Oregon factory in the early '90's. There is no amount of money that I would sell it for!

I suggest that, unless you really need the money, you keep and enjoy it! Really a case of "They don't build 'em like this anymore!" :)

Does your 142a have the early "T" bolt handle, or, the later round knob version?
It does have the "T" bold handle.

While I certainly don't need to sell it, I've got 4 or 5 other .22 rifles. The 10-22 is what I typically grab, next on the list is my old Remington pump, then the browning lever, then the Winchester... The Mossy is way down the list. :p I was just thinking I could utilize that space in the safe for something else..

It was my father-in-law's, so I suppose I'll just keep it.

Thanks for the replies though!

It does have the "T" bold handle.

While I certainly don't need to sell it, I've got 4 or 5 other .22 rifles. The 10-22 is what I typically grab, next on the list is my old Remington pump, then the browning lever, then the Winchester... The Mossy is way down the list. :p I was just thinking I could utilize that space in the safe for something else..

It was my father-in-law's, so I suppose I'll just keep it.

Thanks for the replies though!
Mine is T-Bolt as well. It has the fold down front stock too. The only thing negative about these is finding magazines, and especially the little mag insert that allows the shooter to load and cycle .22 shorts.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top