JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm surprised no one else has picked up on this. Now we know why she suddenly helped to push so hard to get SB941 passed. Please be sure to share far and wide. Including sending to your local newspapers.

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg Contributes $250,000 to Secretary of State Candidate Val Hoyle

Billionaire rewards former House majority leader for gun control bill
http://www.wweek.com/news/2016/05/0...00-to-secretary-of-state-candidate-val-hoyle/

Just more Oregon political hypocrisy. She actually claims she'll get big money out of politics WHILE accepting a huge donation, well, let's call it what it is, PAY OFF. If we could really believe her, then she would have rejected that donation. But no doubt, the voters of Oregon, the same ones that re-elected the criminal Kitzhaber to a 4th term, AFTER the news of his and his concubine's misdeeds were made public by WW, will vote her into office too. Corruption reigns here in Oregon and only a significant restructuring of the long-held nearly single-party powerhouse here will make anything change. I hope this November brings an eye opening change to the direction this state has been headed, I'm tired of circling the bowl on the way to the drain.

Just organized crime on a higher and more dangerous level.

Need to bring out the tar and pitchforks.

There isn't a politician that is in or trying to get in office for anything other than to get rich.

It's a good ol' boys (not girls) network.
Just like pelosi's husband getting gov't money.

It's corporate/wall street corruption and fraud just in an avenue where you can't be caught.

Why do you think trump is going in.
Still would vote for him all day long over sanders or hillary.

Like it or not: Gun control is everything about $$$$$, politics, and getting out the vote! Pro 2ndA candidates need financial support & registered voters that will vote Pro 2ndA. That is how the system works.

The difficult part is finding a candidate/politician which is truly Pro 2ndA. If there aren't any, it takes time to get one into position to run for that office.

Offense or defense: Our choice.............time is running out.

Foreverlost,

Spreading the word, far and wide, is necessary. Calling out the fouls deeds and selling our Oregonians rights to the elitist class also needs to be identified.

If people really want change, break the one party stranglehold that has Salem and Oregon in its death grips.

Otherwise, this great state will one day fall to its own destruction at the hand of uncontrolled liberals... One day Portland will be just like Chicago, without a changing of the guard...

Get out the vote, get involved.... It's the only way to make a change.

You don't seem to understand this situation well. This is no reward for past gun control achievements that Hoyle helped to get past in the Oregon House.

This payment is an investment in getting much stronger gun control legislation past in Oregon in the future. The Secretary of State is one of the key executive positions in the state, and is considered to be one of the best springboards for running for Governor. This money is to get Hoyle into that office, so that she can then later run to become Oregon's next governor, after Brown leaves office.

When your net worth is $37.2 BILLION dollars ( which is 37,200 Million ), a quarter Million is nothing to Bloomberg.

Still, it is a huge amount of money, and will really give Hoyle quite an edge in this election. I wonder what sort of gun controls we can expect once Hoyle is leading our state??

It is so extremely ironic, though, that she would be campaigning against corruption and special interest influence in elections, and then go ahead and gladly accept this huge donation from Bloomberg.

Clearly, Hypocrisy at its finest. And just think what our elections will be like once she becomes the watchdog!

If I was a cursing man, I think that I could swear out quite a damnation of Bloomberg. Why is this low-down @*&#%^%$ from New York meddling in Oregon's politics so much?

You don't seem to understand this situation well. This is no reward for past gun control achievements that Hoyle helped to get past in the Oregon House.

This payment is an investment in getting much stronger gun control legislation past in Oregon in the future. The Secretary of State is one of the key executive positions in the state, and is considered to be one of the best springboards for running for Governor. This money is to get Hoyle into that office, so that she can then later run to become Oregon's next governor, after Brown leaves office.

When your net worth is $37.2 BILLION dollars ( which is 37,200 Million ), a quarter Million is nothing to Bloomberg.

Still, it is a huge amount of money, and will really give Hoyle quite an edge in this election. I wonder what sort of gun controls we can expect once Hoyle is leading our state??

It is so extremely ironic, though, that she would be campaigning against corruption and special interest influence in elections, and then go ahead and gladly accept this huge donation from Bloomberg.

Clearly, Hypocrisy at its finest. And just think what our elections will be like once she becomes the watchdog!

If I was a cursing man, I think that I could swear out quite a damnation of Bloomberg. Why is this low-down @*&#%^%$ from New York meddling in Oregon's politics so much?

Because he doesn't think you should own a gun... Period... And he wants to do everything within his power to ensure that you can't/don't/won't...

Because he doesn't think you should own a gun... Period... And he wants to do everything within his power to ensure that you can't/don't/won't...

Yes, but he is assuming that the rest of the nation should treat guns just like New York does, and have strong bans and controls.

Why on earth should a New Yorker like him have any say at all in Oregon's laws?? Shouldn't Oregon's future be determined by Oregonians?

Yes, but he is assuming that the rest of the nation should treat guns just like New York does, and have strong bans and controls.

Why on earth should a New Yorker like him have any say at all in Oregon's laws?? Shouldn't Oregon's future be determined by Oregonians?
It's all about control... He has an agenda and could give a flying flip about you or your concerns.

Val should be challenged for receiving funding from an outside firm, as in outside of the state of Oregon.

Campaign finance reform is soooooo overdue in Oregon. Val needs to be exposed for her deeds, plain and simple.

Donating to pro 2ndA candidates is one way to help. Being vocal, voting, volunteering to campaign are all beneficial ways to defeat the left...

Thanks nammac for my 6,000th like!!!!!!! Holly cow and my wife thinks I'm a Walter, who knew I was such a likeable neanderthal????

Yes to the get involved crowd, most R's just want to be left alone and do not even vote thinking it's a waste of time. Now that is the problem!!!!:eek:
Time to pizz em off and wake em up!!!!;)

Thanks nammac for my 6,000th like!!!!!!! Holly cow and my wife thinks I'm a Walter, who knew I was such a likeable neanderthal????

Yes to the get involved crowd, most R's just want to be left alone and do not even vote thinking it's a waste of time. Now that is the problem!!!!:eek:
Time to pizz em off and wake em up!!!!;)
Wow, now I feel inadequate, I'm only pushing 1,500 likes. Guess I'm just an underachiever...:(

Typical politician. Say what people want to hear and get elected, then do what you want, manufacture a crisis needing a solution and raise money from outside sources.

Treason. Hang them or put them before a firing squad.

<broken link removed>

its quite obvious Bloomberg has his sights set on Oregon for more gun control.

we all need to get out and vote...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads