JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a father, husband, veteran and small business owner, I have become very frustrated with how out of touch our elected officials are in Salem. Rep. Val Hoyle has continuously shown her willingness to put the people who fund her campaigns above the people in Junction City and other parts of the district. I grew up in Junction City and graduated from Junction City High School in 1990. I've lived here for over 35 years, along with my time in the United States Navy. I've seen how my neighbors are struggling to find work and our schools have to do more with less money. My wife and I have 5 children so we understand these struggles firsthand. Rep. Val Hoyle seems more concerned with protecting her well-connected "friends" than working on commonsense policies that will have positive impacts in our daily lives.

I've been a partner at Gunrunner Arms since 2013, a local gun shop that serves law-abiding citizens who are seeking arms for the purpose of personal security and protection and/or recreation. Our mission is to promote safe gun practices, personal security and assist Oregonians who want to exercise their constitutionally protected right to own a gun. I, myself, have served our country to protect these rights along with many of my veteran community members. As a Chief Sponsor of Senate Bill 941, Rep. Val Hoyle has violated the oath she took to uphold the Constitution of both our Federal and State government. SB 941 restricts the rights of lawfully-abiding gun owners, and I simply cannot support an elected official that actively violates her oath.

Concern for my community has led me to become more involved at the local level. I want to help those in need and I've found that public service in my community is the best way to do so. I am currently the Chair of the Planning Commission in Junction City and serve on the Budget Committee as well. I work with American Legion, American Paralyzed Vets of Oregon and Habitat for Humanity. This puts me in contact with neighbors who have real struggles and concerns for the future. By sponsoring and supporting legislation that a majority of Oregonians oppose or that strips us of our constitutionally protected rights, Rep. Val Hoyle has proved she is disconnected from her voters and deserves to be recalled.

Jason Thiesfeld

Chief Petitioner

Oregon Citizens To Recall Rep. Val Hoyle

Start spreading the news everyone. The recall petition is excepted, the signature forms still need to be approved. If you are in the district or close by, start telling everyone about it. If you can volunteer to collect signatures in the district let Jason know.

This is the district
HNheqSk.jpg

SB 941 has got to the house. Let her know that her support of this bill has lead to this

<broken link removed>

Please share this post with friends and family that are concerned about the direction of this state. It takes full participation of those concerned to make a difference and to have a say in the direction of our state. To long have we been the silent ones and we need to let our voices be heard in Salem that we have had enough... Jason

Jason, you are the first small snow ball in what will soon be an avalanche hitting Salem! Thank you for your leadership and service. You have the people on your side and we the people will ultimately prevail.

Hoyle disputed that characterization. She said that she doesn't support other stricter gun control measures, like outright bans of certain firearms, for example.

If lawmakers don't pass SB 941, Hoyle said that she would expect gun control advocates put a similar proposal on the ballot in 2016, as they did in Washington state in 2014.

Such a measure would "likely be more restrictive" than SB 941, she said. "And in a presidential election year, it would pass."

The lies roll so easily off her tongue don't they? If it wasn't for her and SB 941 we might be looking at an "outright ban" of certain firearms in 2016 she tells the RG. What a bunch of crap she's dishing out to save her position. She sounds desperate. Good work Jason!

The lies roll so easily off her tongue don't they? If it wasn't for her and SB 941 we might be looking at an "outright ban" of certain firearms in 2016 she tells the RG. What a bunch of crap she's dishing out to save her position. She sounds desperate. Good work Jason!

She doesn't sound desperate, she sounds overconfident. I hope this recall does make her desperate.

I left a similar comment on the Register Guard's page but I left out the desperate part. Overconfident or Desperate? Her comments sound just plain asinine to me.

My input:
"The great unreported crime is that this bill has been declared an "emergency". As an "emergency" it not only gets fast tracked to bypass important checks in the legislative process, it is IMMUNE TO BEING OVERTURNED BY A VOTE OF THE PEOPLE. If this bill is so good why do we need to prevent WE THE PEOPLE from getting to vote on it? Even if you are a good little liberal who wants this law passed, doesn't that stick in your throat just a little bit? Who would have ever thought that the politicians running on the "For The People" bandwagon would want to pass oppressive laws the little people couldn't overturn?

The sleeping giant has finally been awakened. I hope Hoyle keeps up her arrogant attitude. It will be all the more fun when she gets recalled by WE THE PEOPLE."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top