Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Vacation Rental With Shooting Area?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 45 for me, Jan 10, 2016.

1. 45 for me

45 for me Oregon Well-Known Member

I was wanting to rent a house with property and an area for shooting on the property in Oregon for a week vacation. Anybody know about anything like that?

Thanks,

2. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

used to be BLM would be happy to oblige, mow days their web addy starts w/ATF.guv

Joe13 and GruntMarine like this.
  3. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Might try some outfitter/guides. They usually have sight in ranges.

Joe13 likes this.
  4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I'd be thinking an EZ-up, lawn chair, card table and plenty of firewood type deal on public lands somewhere.
    good luck

Joe13, BDA.45 and CoastRange57 like this.
  5. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Joe13, 45 for me and edslhead like this.
  6. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Rent an RV and take it for a deep woods excursion:p

Joe13 and 45 for me like this.
  7. 45 for me

45 for me Oregon Well-Known Member

Joe13 likes this.
  8. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Google Earth bro.

There are millions of acres in Central and Eastern Oregon. Probably not going to find a 5 bedroom house with hot tub and a range, but a house at Black Butte/Sisters/Sunriver puts you close to lots of open shooting areas within a half hours drive.

GruntMarine likes this.
  9. jsparks747

jsparks747 Portland, Or Active Member

My parents have a vacation house that they rent out but it is in Puget Sound. No designated shooting range but plenty of space to shoot and our neighbors across the way cleared our a lot of land and let us shoot on it.

Joe13 likes this.
  10. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I would hit up the rental company's and be up front about what your looking for - you dont want neighbors freaking out and calling the cops.

Dungannon likes this.
  11. jsparks747

jsparks747 Portland, Or Active Member

I shoot my guns up there all the time. On one side is a house for sale with it's owner in Cali and the house next to that is owned by a couple but the husband had a surgery so the wire stays with him. on the other side is a empty lot and the next place is the owners of the lot and their house but they say " You hear our shop tools, we can tolerate guns" We have the best neighbors up there!!!

Joe13 likes this.
  12. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I was watching on TV and it seems if you hold your gat sideways, you'll be all good.
    Keep that Krystal on ice, baby and happy vaykay!

Joe13 likes this.
  13. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

It's sideways for faster follow ups to switch targets on multiple attackers:p

14. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Pretty much it. Most rentals in these areas are going to be in close proximity to others and will require driving to find a place to shoot. I get asked about this a lot from people who come to the Sunriver/LaPine areas on vacation.