JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When my daughter turned 16 she took the hunter's safety course...and wanted a hunting rifle , so I gave her my Marlin model 36 , made in 1947 , in.30-30
I do miss it...And I'll get another .30-30 someday....
Andy
View attachment 615938

Knowing that your daughter is safe is more important than the value of the firearm. My daughter wanted a Nighthawk 1911 with attached light. I felt every Benjamin as it crossed the counter.

I usually have my Hawken Rifle with me when on a road trip...just for fun....I have been to many an impromptu shooting match with it....:D

I also have been known to bring a lever action .30-30 rifle along ...when I owned one...need to get one again ....or a Pump action shotgun...Just 'Cause.
Andy

I just drove my azz to Everett to meet a guy from Lynden who sold me a nice Model 94. Sweet little rifles! Now that I have an 1886 and a 94, I need an 1892 and I think I'll be good on lever guns.

I just drove my azz to Everett to meet a guy from Lynden who sold me a nice Model 94. Sweet little rifles! Now that I have an 1886 and a 94, I need an 1892 and I think I'll be good on lever guns.
Dang...
Everett ain't that far away for me alt least...it would have been nice to meet up for a beer or lunch.
Enjoy your new to you Model 94...!
Andy

The struggle I have always had with this is that if I'm forced to abondon the car I"m also forced to choose between leaving it behind, and drawing unwanted attention to myself by carrying a long gun around the streets. Something else to consider is that it is extra weight to carry when moving quick and light may be desirable. If one is going to do this, I highly recommend a lightweight, foldable model such as the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 which can be kept out of sight, but made ready quickly if needed.

The struggle I have always had with this is that if I'm forced to abondon the car I"m also forced to choose between leaving it behind, and drawing unwanted attention to myself by carrying a long gun around the streets. Something else to consider is that it is extra weight to carry when moving quick and light may be desirable. If one is going to do this, I highly recommend a lightweight, foldable model such as the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 which can be kept out of sight, but made ready quickly if needed.
Fully agree here, it's why I kept one of my S2K's and if I ever manage to wear it out will buy another. You have to remember though that here, and in many other places shooters gather, the only gun hated on as much as Kel-Tec is High point. MANY would not even ever try one of the KT's. For them the AR's and such that are legally a pistol with a brace really shine. Compact enough to be carried in a case like a laptop case and in this state the added benefit of being legal to carry loaded assuming you have a CPL. Plus a WIDE selection of calibers to choose from. One is on my short list for this reason :D

Another possibility is a scoped Ruger Super Redhawk 7.5 or 9.5 inch in your pack as a rifle substitute. The .44 comes in 7.5 and 9.5 inch barrels. The .41, 480, 454 Casull, and 10mm come in 7.5 in barrels. Scope rings come with, and mounts are integral. Rings with scope attached are easily removed or reattached without changing zero. "Thumper", my 9.5-inch .44 with 2-6X Bushnell Trophy scope, weighs about 69 ounces (4 lbs. 3 oz). He weighs much less and takes up much less space than a rifle. Even a modest-size day pack is mostly empty with Thumper in it. Thumper plus two pounds of ammo still weighs less than most rifles.

Is it just me, or does anyone else take a rifle with them when traveling a good distance from home? Such as I went camping I. Bend and took my ak, first aid kit and 5 mags with me, and when I went to the coast this weekend same thing, but an AR. Am I the only one that does this or do other people find it necessary to bring more than a handgun when possible?
I carry a pistol, and pack a rifle/carbine in the trunk. I pussyfoot around the "assault rifle" business by packing an SKS and chi-com chest carry with 210 rounds on strippers- mostly fmj surp and some 125gr soft point. The pistol depends on my purpose- camping etc either a .357 or .44. "Just visiting" usually a 9 or .45acp. But yes I carry a rifle when possible, never know when we might need to shoot our dinner, and yes I have been in situations where a rifle came in handy. Besides I feel nekkid without...

Although it's not much better, mine is in one of those padded, over the shoulder, mag. pouches on the outside rifle bags. In a "situation" I'm not leaving my rifle behind, no matter what.

With the greatest invention this decade, I don't do rifles in the car. Everything is a braced pistol. No running afoul of hunting laws etc.
For my daily ride along partner, it's a CZ Scorpion pistol. For further out trips, 10.5" AR pistol.
I may need a 7.62 pistol in my life soon for those more wooded back road and camping areas.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top