JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There has been some discussion regarding VA questions and their effects. Who has had a general physical at the VA recently and what questions were asked. I would like to be prepared since the VA seems to be passing information on to states regarding concealed carry permits, etc.

Not sure if it is different with the VA but the few times I have had to deal with "health" questions I refuse to answer any questions that are not directly related to my care. One time when I went in they wanted all my employer information, this was a medi-center and I was paying cash for my care. I refused to put any of that information down. I got funny looks but they did not say anything about it.

I am in the medical field and I have PT's refuse to answer questions all the time. If I think is it something that will effect their care I "push" the issue if not then I could care less.

They've let me run out of my prescriptions once already, and are about to do it again. I retired so I have Tricare for life and have a civilian doctor appointment set up.

As far as the questions go, they seem to try really hard to trip you up so they can label you as "medication seeking" or as a hypochondriac...then they just ignore you. It's a mess and I give them as little info as possible.

I have never had those problems, and I do not see how than can legally release any medical information to anyone without your written consent, I see a dam good class action law suit brewing here, since when can anyone get info to your medical records without your permission??

They have completely ignored anything that the military was doing for me to maintain my comfort and started over. So for me, at this point the civilian doctor with a 20 dollar copay, just makes sense. I have not ever been given the impression that the VA even wants to deal with me. I have had to start a congressional now because of their lack of response...

Thank you all. So, basically, I will simply defer any answers to questions not directly related to the physical. Alcohol, depression, gun ownership and all that stuff will be passed over.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top