Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Uzi????

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by littlegsxr, May 13, 2010.

1. littlegsxr

littlegsxr Below Canada. Active Member

Ok guys, quick question. While talking with a family friend today he mentioned wanting to sell some guns. I, of course, perked up. Well long story short, he has a NIB 70's era UZI (unknown model as of now) still in the box. He says it is semi-auto, but never been fired. Any idea of value? I will go buy and get the specifics asap...

2. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert, but I suspect make and model will make a big difference.

3. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Can't remember when Norinco Uzis came in but I think it was in the eighties. If you have an Original UZI model A or B then it is probably a semi and worth around $1100 possibly more depending on extras with the gun. Unfired of course.

jj

4. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

gee, I would be reeeaally interested in that.

5. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

Yes, make and model is very, very important. I suggest you check this site. It is very enlightening.
    http://www.uzitalk.com/

6. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

It also makes a difference in the markings. IMI imported them to Action Arms of Philly. The vast majority were 9mm. But they also imported some 45acp and were marked as such. Those are worth even more money because of the stamping. Much more rare. Man, a UZI 16 rd 45acp marked mag is about a buck and a half these days. I own a 45acp marked model B with a couple of 45 marked mags so I kinda look for a good deal on mags. Model A's are worth a tad more because they came out first. The cool thing about them is to change calibers, all you do is change the bolt & firing pin assembly, the barrel and the mag. 9MM, .40S&W, 45acp....The worst that can happen is it will go up in value! The two best investments at this time are guns and gold!

7. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

My $0.02

If you want it as an investment, go for it., If you plan on ever using it for self defense, forget it. They are crude, heavy triggers, have short sight radius, poor sights and are clumsy weapons. Their only value was as close range full auto burp guns

8. rdb241

Good point :thumbup:

9. judicator

judicator McMinnville Active Member

They also have value as being really fun to shoot. Poor ergonomics and sights, but they do have some degree of practical accuracy at ranges under 100 yards. I'll never sell mine unless I absolutely have to.

10. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Oregon Member

+1, Nuts on post Blitzkrieg!!!

Friend has a .45acp Uzi semi auto, not impressed at all.

11. rdb241

I am very happy with my 45acp stamped UZI. :thumbup:

12. littlegsxr

littlegsxr Below Canada. Active Member

Still don't have the specifics, gotta wait til Monday. I do know it is an Israeli made which is better from what I have found on the net. As far as using it, no I have other toys...