JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
20200927_174908-copy.jpg
Using a number of reloading manuals and Quickload software I set a path to load the Ultimate Utility 44 Magnum Handload. In 2013 I wrote an article claiming 44 Magnum As The Most Versatile Handgun Caliber, I took a little heat over this one but it was worth it.

My fascination with 44magnum has me continuing that work today. I wanted a little more speed from the venomous 44magnum out of the shorter packable friendly revolvers I have access to. This load is to meet a variety of task, plinking, self-defense and hunting with the right firearm as I would never hunt with a 2inch 44 Magnum.

I believe I will be sticking with this load for a very long time. I was pleased with the velocities and the controllability I had with it in the shorter barrel revolvers.

44 Magnum All Around Utility Load:

44Magnum Case

240gr Jacketed Soft Point

Hodgdon Universal 9.7gr

C.O.A.L 1.610 – Medium Crimp

Federal Large Pistol Magnum Match Primer — Got a brick of these for $30 so I used them, they can be expensive. So a change to Large Pistol Magnum Primers will save you a few bucks but may cause different results. Anytime you change any component you should start over working up your loads again.

On this page you will undoubtedly find reloading information. This data is not intended to replace the appropriate reloading manuals data and should not be used without verifying and double checking the loads between two different official published reference points — IE reloading manuals. If you elect to utilize any of this data it is at your own risk.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads