Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Utah legislates gold & silver as legal tender

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by chemist, Apr 20, 2012.

1. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  2. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

Check the US Constitution.
    It's The Fed that's illegal, a private bank dictating national policy

MP Sgt, Burt Gummer, mjbskwim and 7 others like this.
  3. chemist

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Does the State of Utah set a daily exchange rate? Or how does this work with a variation from one day to next in value?

5. chemist

I think it's just "casting the gauntlet" at this point. The states are demanding that something be done about reining in the money-printing, debt-addicted thieves and liars in D.C. If state-sanctioned PM-based money ever caught on, the Fed would have to do something drastic.

6. pdx210

pdx210 Clackamas Active Member

At issue is the term DOLLAR a dollar is a legal term used to deignate a US unit of currency only currency printed by the US Treasury can use that term.

The federal reserve is a private for profit entity and not part of the US government and Ben Bernanke works for the fed and isn't a public servant

7. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Real Gold and Silver was the Currency prior to the 1960's
    Gold Notes and Silver Notes were redeamable at any bank $35 would get you 1 Ounce of Gold. You can see how inconvienient this was for the US Guverment, it could not print more money than there was Gold to cover, it could not print Phoney Money. I remember the Progressive Spin on TV about how taking the US OFF the Gold Standard was GOOD! "Millions More Jobs" created with phoney money!
    No one cared because it was all short term gain, a strong economy was a defense against Russian incursion, rebuild the world into a Model of American Democracy, blah blah

8. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

Who arrested him?? Was it the super secret prostitutes from Colombia??

Sorry folks, I could not helpo myself on that one. WHile most Secret Service Agents are good people the, the clowns in the big house forcing them to do stupid stuff, that is when comes to the above mentioned article.