Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Utah - Intruder killed by homeowner

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by accessbob, Mar 4, 2012.

1. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

I didn't see anyone mention this, but I just found this via an email on the KelTec owners group listserv.

Intruder stopped for snack before fatal shooting

Also, the article says this, which I wish all states would come to their senses and do (including Oregon):

"The incident was mentioned Thursday morning in the Utah Legislature where the Utah Senate gave preliminary approval to a bill that clarifies a person is justified in defending their home and family against criminal activity and may not be held civilly liable for damage or injury to perpetrators."

DOA and (deleted member) like this.
  2. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

Also, the article says this, which I wish all states would come to their senses and do (including Oregon):

"The incident was mentioned Thursday morning in the Utah Legislature where the Utah Senate gave preliminary approval to a bill that clarifies a person is justified in defending their home and family against criminal activity and may not be held civilly liable for damage or injury to perpetrators."[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!

3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Wow - what an arrogant burglar. Props to the homeowner. I can remember more than one 'drive me to an ATM' story where the perp later killed the abducted victim.

I agree with the may not be held liable for civil damages also. Some people don't understand that when you kill an intruder in your home you may not be criminally liable, but the person's family/heirs often sue you, and win.

4. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sounds like Darwin's natural selection was at work again.
    As for civil lawsuits, these are getting less common because juries aren't buying that b.s. anymore