JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jafo has provided the information....if you know Beaverton at all....they are located across the stree from the Beaverton Bakery.

I had never heard of them until my wife was calling around looking for ammo. When we went in to pick up a few boxes, I learned about their CWL classes. Took my Utah class in June...now I'm just waiting for my license to show up.

Good luck,

I was looking for some info on where to get the trained for my Utah license and came across this post. I decided to do as Dan suggested and support one fo the vendors on the forum. I wanted to report my experience.

I took my training this week. To be honest, it was a VERY long drive to get there from Portland. That was the only downside. I still went since I wanted to see what OFA is like in case I wanted to try their other training.

I REALLY enjoyed the class and Dan's approach to gun responsibility, decision making and preparation. I usually feel like the most paranoid person in the room. At OFA, I was just normal. :) Dan and his crew (Drew) did a great job. I really enjoyed the class. By the end of the evening, I was in the mindset that the drive was worth the class.

I am a definate fan now of OFA and would recommend OFA to anyone looking for training. I can't yet speak to thier other training, but my short one time training was a very positive experience and I am interested in going back for more.

Dan, if you see this. I heard you and you did not let me down. Great job. I hope to be able to come back from additional training in the future.

Geez....how about supporting one of the supporting vendor's of the forum-huh? Seriously, we have some openings in this Friday's class. Call Vivian at 541-451-5532 or email her at [email protected]. You can peruse our course schedule at www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com

If you choose not to train with us or don't want too then by all means give Roger Moore a call. Roger is really good people and super squared away.

from
<broken link removed>

Any law-abiding citizen with a valid Utah CCW Permit, even a Non-Resident of Utah, may legally carry a Concealed Firearm in the following 27 States: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming. While some States have Reciprocal Agreements, others will honor out-of-State CCW Permits based on their own Concealed Firearms Laws.

Look up the law in the individual states you plan to carry in, rather than rely on a generic site that isn't necessarily affiliated with the lawmaking bodies for each state.

I also don't think it's quite accurate to tell someone that a Utah permit allows them to carry in Alaska, Arizona, etc. You can legally carry in those places with oar without the Utah permit anyway... At least the last time i checked.

@PBP: other than gaining MN, why did you opt for the Florida ticket? Is the application process any different from Utah's other than the specific class requirements?

- Case

Look up the law in the individual states you plan to carry in, rather than rely on a generic site that isn't necessarily affiliated with the lawmaking bodies for each state.

I also don't think it's quite accurate to tell someone that a Utah permit allows them to carry in Alaska, Arizona, etc. You can legally carry in those places with oar without the Utah permit anyway... At least the last time i checked.

@PBP: other than gaining MN, why did you opt for the Florida ticket? Is the application process any different from Utah's other than the specific class requirements?

- Case

From http://www.handgunlaw.us/
Outside of the states where the permits overlap, it looks like UT gets you MN. Florida gets you Kansas and New Mexico. This assumes you aren't a resident of either Utah or Florida. If you are, there are more states the permits will cover.

Took the class April 17th from Roger Moore...He did a bang up job getting the proper forms, the photos, and getting them notorized...mailed them on Monday the 19th...reveived my Utah license today June 18th... A total of 61 days mail out to mail in...better than expected...

Jimboshooter,

I just happened to run across your post and note to me. Thank you for your generious words of support and encouragement - and the unsolicited plug. I'm really excited to hear you enjoyed the Academy and you felt the long drive from PDX was of value.

Please forgive me, but I often chuckle when folks from the Pac NW talk about the long drive when I know of at least one student who flies all the way from New Jersey to train with us, and we have three brothers who make a special trip from Georgia on a frequent basis, and of course our friends from Canada - eh, and Costa Rica...anyway, if you can drive home at the end of the class it is always a blessing!

Like I said, please don't judge us by this class alone. I'm confident you'll find our staple of handgun, shotgun, carbine, long range, close encounters, and other courses even more valuable.

Thanks again!

Dan

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews