JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To add a little -- Your Oregon CHL doesn't mean anything to Utah's process. The only difference I have seen it make, is that some places have a combined Oregon/Utah class, that runs a few minutes longer if you want to apply for both.

UD

Easy process, only took two weeks to have permit back from Utah! :s0155:

Easy process, which gives it the lie.

Look I give classes which, if they were mandated, would give me one Hell of a lot of money every year. So it's technically in my interest to argue for mandated classes.

Utah's classes make very little sense for a WA CPL holder. You get a couple more states. that's it. In terms of the training required? It's NOTHING vs. a very pitiful "class." Seriously, I teach ten times this class for $200.

I realize you can get your "permit" for $50 or less. But don't kid yourself for a moment that the paltry Utah classes "qualify" you for anything but a paper permit that teaches you essentially nothing that you couldn't have learned on Youtube in 5 minutes.

(And a lot don't even legitimately qualify you for the Utah permit, they are paper mills.)

I don't teach the Utah permit classes because I'm not interested in it.

I see those classes, like all the mandated classes I've seen as inadequate at best and a fig-leaf pretending training at worst.

They don't prepare you for jack shiot. How do I know that? Because I know how many classroom hours it takes to train people from ground Zero and the Utah standard doesn't even come close!

Forget range time, which the utah standard mandates, but I find a lot of "utah trainers" seem to forget completely.

So if it's just a piece of paper to you and you already have all the knowledge, then by all means go for the Utah permit. It's cheaper than the CPLs for the requisite states.

If you actually want training.there are other, far better courses for you to be taking.

Right, and the only thing most of us want Utah for, is the reciprocity in our surrounding states.

Training would be great, i think that's something that's missing from a lot of these classes, and i think a lot of *that*, is to do with the fact it's just people who don't care so much about guns, and just want to carry it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top