JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, so I have been in Idaho for the last ten weeks doing army stuff, and I get back to the Portland area on Tuesday the 20th and I am wanting to get my Utah CHL, or whichever one allows you to carry in thirty some-odd states (including Washington). Googling thusly, I have come up with little to nothing (maybe I'm not wording it right). Anyone know of any such classes coming to the portland area in the next few months?

BOOYAH!

Theres classes all over the Portland area. Most people do multiple states. (ie Oregon, Arizona, Utah, Florida) You could probably find one tomorrow if you wanted...

Call MK Tactical in Hillsboro. I think they have one every couple weeks. I took my OR/UT combined class there. They fill out the paperwork for both states with you as part of the class and will even do your UT pictures and fingerprints and mail it for you for an extra ~$10 or so. For OR, you have to send in your paperwork (or drop it off), and they will send you a letter telling you when your appointment for fingerprints, picture, etc are. The waiting list for an OR appointment, last I checked, was about three months. I got my UT permit in the mail after about 2 months (just a week or so ago) and the check I wrote for it still hasn't cleared yet (perhaps because they send you the permit with a note saying "we've sent this to you, but it may be revoked if your background check doesn't go through" or something like that) . My OR appointment is in about 3 weeks now... I live in Washington county, so maybe other counties Ara not so overloaded and thus faster....

Fisherman's Marine in Oregon City will have a Utah class once month, at least. Goes like Skier said, take the class, get your pic taken, pay your money and wait.

Mike

Yes. Threat Dynamics does. I believe Washington may have recently stopped recognizing non-resident Utah licenses. Florida's still works, I believe. Feel free to double check. I'm not 100% certain if these changes are accurate.

Since I live in OR and work in WA, I opted to play if safe, and put in for my WA CHL. Waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

I took a class at Threat Dynamics. This was over a year ago and I never got around to sending in the paperwork. Now I hear that Utah changed the form. Is my old form still good?

Does WA recognize nonresident Utah, or only resident? Thank you for clarification!

<broken link removed>

As far as I can tell, Washington State has a formal reciprocity agreement with Utah and honors Concealed Permits issued there. The website does not differentiate between resident or non-resident permits.

I believe Utah requires you to have a Washington State permit, if you are a Washington State resident, as a condition of issuing the Utah permit.

My wife and I took ours from Blackstone Gun Safety. Great class and instructors. They have their schedule here:

<broken link removed>

And if you do the one on 9/7 you get free admission to the gun show as well.

<broken link removed>

As far as I can tell, Washington State has a formal reciprocity agreement with Utah and honors Concealed Permits issued there. The website does not differentiate between resident or non-resident permits.

I believe Utah requires you to have a Washington State permit, if you are a Washington State resident, as a condition of issuing the Utah permit.

Thanks for the clarification, K@H! Useful reply. Much appreciated.

Threat Dynamics in Tualitin does the OR and UT for sure. Blackstone Gun Safety in Milwaukee, your side of town, does OR, UT and AZ. I have been checking all over town and Blackwater is the only one I can find that does all three. They work with NW armory located north east of the bomber on Mgloughlin. I like Threat Dynamics too if you don't need AZ

Threat Dynamics in Tualitin does the OR and UT for sure. Blackwater in Milwaukee, your side of town, does OR, UT and AZ. I have been checking all over town and Blackwater is the only one I can find that does all three. They work with NW armory located north east of the bomber on Mgloughlin. I like Threat Dynamics too if you don't need AZ

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk 2

That's Blackstone Gun Safety not Blackwater.

You could check USACarry.com reciprocity map. They are very good at maintaining it up to-date. This is what the map looks like with Oregon resident, Utah non-resident:
OR-UT.jpg

OR-UT.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews