JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amazing. Though it breaks my heart to see the ultimate sacrifice so many of these men and women gave.....And why they were fighting, totally forgotten by so many in the U.S these days. If it wasn't for those people that fought during those wars America would not be anything special, be just like everywhere else.

Amazing. Though it breaks my heart to see the ultimate sacrifice so many of these men and women gave.....And why they were fighting, totally forgotten by so many in the U.S these days. If it wasn't for those people that fought during those wars America would not be anything special, be just like everywhere else.

My father served aboard the USS Bennington (CVS-20) during his time in the Navy, which included their role in the Vietnam war. During part of his time, the Bennington sailed to Sydney to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Battle of the Coral Sea, where the Lexington was lost. They were invited there so the Australians could thank the US for their service in defending Australia from a potential Japanese invasion. He said the Aussies were very pleased to see the Bennington in port and gave them a very warm and enthusiastic welcome. My father met some folks there that he's still friends with to this day - they each take turns travelling back and forth every few years to spend some time together.

My father was on the Destroyer USS Terry (DD-513) '45-'48.

And my grandfather served in the South Pacific aboard the USS Saginaw Bay (CVE-82) during WWII - though I don't recall his exact years of service.

Lots of good men served aboard those ships.

The preservation is amazing
DXj8K7wWAAAM35K.jpg

And my grandfather served in the South Pacific aboard the USS Saginaw Bay (CVE-82) during WWII - though I don't recall his exact years of service.

Lots of good men served aboard those ships.

Well, you'll be proud to know then that the USS Saginaw Bay hull was was laid at Kaiser Shipyards in Vancouver Wa. November 1943. And delivered to the Navy at Astoria in March 1944.
USS Saginaw Bay - Wikipedia

At times I can get into this stuff and find an hour or two has passed.

Well, you'll be proud to know then that the USS Saginaw Bay hull was was laid at Kaiser Shipyards in Vancouver Wa. November 1943. And delivered to the Navy at Astoria in March 1944.
USS Saginaw Bay - Wikipedia

At times I can get into this stuff and find an hour or two has passed.

I actually did know that (my father has done a lot of research on that ship for family records). What's also interesting is that my other grandfather worked in those shipyards and could possibly have worked on that very ship :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top