Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

USPSA videos from Paul Bunyan 8-10-08

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by Aristotle13, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Aristotle13

Aristotle13 Kent, WA Member

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

That is pretty Impressive.

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Damn, I gotta get into this!

4. RickB

RickB Greater Seattle area Member

Aristotle - What kind of guns are Bobby and Yong shooting? I think Yong had a SP01 the last time I was looking, but Bobby? M&P?

5. berettamod96

berettamod96 Member

Very nice shooting and quite fast too. You just reminded me why I dont shoot IPSC anymore though. The lack of cover or attempt to get to cover is alarming. IPSC started out as a practical match now its just a race to the end. I have given up the IPSC stuff and have replaced it with IDPA and steel challenge matches primarily.

6. Aristotle13

Yong is running an SP01, Bobby was running a Glock 34. He had a brief affair with the SP01 and is back on with his Glock.

7. Aristotle13

I like both and I shoot IDPA as well. I try to stay local now since the birth of my daughter, otherwise I would try to shoot IDPA more often. IDPA State championship match is next week and I'm jazzed!

8. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Care to bring me to a range sometime? I'd like to learn. I'm a new shooter.

9. SteveZ

SteveZ Lake Stevens, WA Member

Portland is part of the Columbia Cascade Section

http://www.columbia-cascade.org/

I'd recommend contacting Mike McCarter who is the Section Coordinator for the CCS. I'm sure he can put you in touch with one of the local clubs. Many of the clubs have something called an IPSC 101 class (beginners guide to shooting IPSC). We did one (RickB helped play instructor) at the Marysville Rifle Club and had a pretty good turn out.

10. Aristotle13

If you are in the area, sure! But like Steve suggested, if you want to be local, there is definitely some good clubs in the area.