Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

USPSA videos from Paul Bunyan 8-10-08

Reactions
Very nice shooting and quite fast too. You just reminded me why I dont shoot IPSC anymore though. The lack of cover or attempt to get to cover is alarming. IPSC started out as a practical match now its just a race to the end. I have given up the IPSC stuff and have replaced it with IDPA and steel challenge matches primarily.

OP
A
Reactions
Aristotle - What kind of guns are Bobby and Yong shooting? I think Yong had a SP01 the last time I was looking, but Bobby? M&P?
Yong is running an SP01, Bobby was running a Glock 34. He had a brief affair with the SP01 and is back on with his Glock.

OP
A
Reactions
Very nice shooting and quite fast too. You just reminded me why I dont shoot IPSC anymore though. The lack of cover or attempt to get to cover is alarming. IPSC started out as a practical match now its just a race to the end. I have given up the IPSC stuff and have replaced it with IDPA and steel challenge matches primarily.
I like both and I shoot IDPA as well. I try to stay local now since the birth of my daughter, otherwise I would try to shoot IDPA more often. IDPA State championship match is next week and I'm jazzed!

Reactions
I like both and I shoot IDPA as well. I try to stay local now since the birth of my daughter, otherwise I would try to shoot IDPA more often. IDPA State championship match is next week and I'm jazzed!
Care to bring me to a range sometime? I'd like to learn. I'm a new shooter.

Reactions
Care to bring me to a range sometime? I'd like to learn. I'm a new shooter.
Portland is part of the Columbia Cascade Section

http://www.columbia-cascade.org/

I'd recommend contacting Mike McCarter who is the Section Coordinator for the CCS. I'm sure he can put you in touch with one of the local clubs. Many of the clubs have something called an IPSC 101 class (beginners guide to shooting IPSC). We did one (RickB helped play instructor) at the Marysville Rifle Club and had a pretty good turn out.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet