JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Being snowed in I've had lots of time to catch up on reading and instructional YouTube videos. I've been watching the Powerfactor channel on YouTube as a basic intro to USPSA competition. I like that one of them is IDPA, the other is USPSA, but they both shoot single stack (my interest). I'm up to episode 15 out of 200-something. Do any USPSA people watch these guys? Thoughts?

I've watched every single episode. In a few cases, I've gone back and re-watched some episodes for reference. When I went to my first match a coupe years ago, I felt completely prepared because of their show. Plus, they are NW folks, out of the Puget Sound area.

Yeah, I like that they are from the Northwest. It seems like a good "what to expect" primer before going to my first match.
Also, they are just my kind of nerdy gun nerds!
(No offense. That's a compliment)

Do be aware, they have out of date info on their channel. The older posts were accurate when shared, but some sports evolve the rules. IDPA in particular.
Be certain to find the current posts / rules / examples.

I generally find it is 10 mins of info stretched into a half hour; I wish they would get to the point.
But, being able to see what they are describing is very helpful.

Do be aware, they have out of date info on their channel. The older posts were accurate when shared, but some sports evolve the rules. IDPA in particular.
Be certain to find the current posts / rules / examples.

I generally find it is 10 mins of info stretched into a half hour; I wish they would get to the point.
But, being able to see what they are describing is very helpful.

Good point. I'm only up to "season 2" --2nd year-- which was 5 years ago, so I'm sure some of the USPSA rules have been changed since then. Im using to get my bearings with regard to the sport. Glimpses behind the scenes and all that.

Good point. I'm only up to "season 2" --2nd year-- which was 5 years ago, so I'm sure some of the USPSA rules have been changed since then. Im using to get my bearings with regard to the sport. Glimpses behind the scenes and all that.

I assume you have not shot in a pistol competition? There is a lot of matches locally, I recommend you try one. While these guys have good videos, you will learn ever bit of it and more shooting matches.

I assume you have not shot in a pistol competition? There is a lot of matches locally, I recommend you try one. While these guys have good videos, you will learn ever bit of it and more shooting matches.

I've joined a range that has USPSA matches. New member orientation is tomorrow. I'll be going to a match going on there tomorrow right after that to watch and learn. I'll give it a go myself as soon as they let me. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top