JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
where was this I want to shoot more uspsa matches but dont know where to start

By all means, accept @KTM530XCW 's invite and go down to Albany if you can. Closer to you is a match every fourth Saturday at Chahelem Valley Sportman's Club in Dundee. Next match there is Janurary 26. Here's the website: Team Croc | USPSA | Dundee Oregon

Go here to check out all the matches in the area: Columbia Cascade Section - USPSA
As you can see, there's something within driving distance every weekend.

I should also be at the Dundee matches most months this year.

First Saturday of each month is also a USPSA match near esticada, but I'll probably be shooting speed steel at Tri-County first weekend of each month instead this year. I find that Speed Steel is the best training for draws and transitions which are two of everyones weakness.

If you do come to play, my name is Geoff Pestes. I look forward to possibly seeing you out there.

Nice @KTM530XCW your reloads look fast.:D I am signed up for IDPA Feb. 2, Saturday
at TCGC. Most guys me included Shoot Stock Service Pistol (SSP). Striker fired 9 mm.
TCGC first Saturday IDPA and first Sunday Speed Steel.;)

I VERY much respect IDPA shooters. Your game relates to real life shooting a bit more than mine. I practiced reloads constantly prior to that match.

I VERY much respect IDPA shooters. Your game relates to real life shooting a bit more than mine. I practiced reloads constantly prior to that match.

I've heard from some of the older salts that USPSA used to be more scenario based. During a range clean up at Dundee a couple years ago, we threw out all kinds of "props." A wooden ATM, a bed, etc. Albany still has a wooden prop car that gets pulled out every once and a while.

For all you USPSA guys,
Consider Steel at Tri-County for "practice." You can wear your rig and shoot the same gun.
One Catch - Muzzle can't be over berm. Reloads may be off the clock, but you just can't.

I shot USPSA for many years in the 90s at TCGC and Dundee. Used a high cap
Para 45. What I like about the challenge of IDPA and USPSA it is always a different
coarse of fire. Usually 6 stages with combinations of steel targets activating swingers and turners,
Shoots, no-shoots, soft cover and hard cover. Strong hand only, weak hand only or free style.
Learn to slice the pie.:rolleyes: Lots of fun and always challenging.

I would love to but I work this Saturday Ironically I will be in Albany in a month for firearms sales training event at the Albany Coastal farm and ranch so maybe while I am down there I can check if there are any matches going on.

I shot USPSA for many years in the 90s at TCGC and Dundee. Used a high cap
Para 45. What I like about the challenge of IDPA and USPSA it is always a different
coarse of fire. Usually 6 stages with combinations of steel targets activating swingers and turners,
Shoots, no-shoots, soft cover and hard cover. Strong hand only, weak hand only or free style.
Learn to slice the pie.:rolleyes: Lots of fun and always challenging.
I have a CZ tactical sport 9mm is that acceptable for the rules?

I should also be at the Dundee matches most months this year.

First Saturday of each month is also a USPSA match near esticada, but I'll probably be shooting speed steel at Tri-County first weekend of each month instead this year. I find that Speed Steel is the best training for draws and transitions which are two of everyones weakness.

If you do come to play, my name is Geoff Pestes. I look forward to possibly seeing you out there.
Absolutely problem is most of my guns have ported comps on them them and my regular "competition gun" is a CZ tactical sport in 9mm which I assume makes minor power factor. I will be buying a CZ shadow 2 here in the next month or so so production class may be in my future.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top