JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All.
I've heard there is a USPSA match this coming Saturday (Sept. 28th) out at Dundee. I found the range website but it didn't have much information on it. What time does the match start? Round count? Is it open to anyone? I am a USPSA member and have my safety certification card.
Thanks for any information you can provide--I'm just getting started in USPSA and would like to shoot the match if possible.

Gates open around 7AM. Usually start signing up shooters at 8. Shooters meeting at 9, noise around 9:15.
6 stages, $17 regular, $10 junior--and if you show up early (7-7:30) and help set up, match fee is $8.

Saturdays match is 131 rds, and is the first Points Match of the year in the Columbia Cascade Section
points race. Figure on 60-70 shooters, and being done around 2 PM.

I'm guessing from your user name that you shoot a M&P? If you would, look me up at the match. My
wife is gun shopping, and maybe I could talk you into letting her take a few shots with your gun?
Just ask for Bill and Nancy.

Any other questions about the match?

Bill-Thanks so much for your thorough answer! I will plan on showing up between 8 and 8:30 on Saturday. I shoot an M&P pro and I would be happy to let your wife try it out. I used to shoot Glocks but switched over to M&P's about a year ago and have been loving them ever since.
See you Saturday.
Kristine

Bill-Thanks so much for your thorough answer! I will plan on showing up between 8 and 8:30 on Saturday. I shoot an M&P pro and I would be happy to let your wife try it out. I used to shoot Glocks but switched over to M&P's about a year ago and have been loving them ever since.
See you Saturday.
Kristine

Thanks Kristine! Do you happen to have the small backstrap on your M&P? See ya Saturday. Bill

FYI. It was announced that starting in April 2014, the match fee will increase to $20. Likewise at the Albany USPSA match in April 12, 2014...

Another FYI----the April match at Dundee will be a "Special Classifier Match" . At this point it looks like
5 classifier stages and one field course. If you want to get classified in a division, or want to be classified
before the Area 1 match in May, here is your chance.

The fee increase was pretty much forced by the increased costs of targets, and the shipping costs
to get them here. Darned things have almost doubled in cost in the past few years.

Another FYI----the April match at Dundee will be a "Special Classifier Match" . At this point it looks like
5 classifier stages and one field course. If you want to get classified in a division, or want to be classified
before the Area 1 match in May, here is your chance.

The fee increase was pretty much forced by the increased costs of targets, and the shipping costs
to get them here. Darned things have almost doubled in cost in the past few years.

You guys need to hook up with someone going to Ironman and have them bring back targets for you. USPSA targets are still $51 a hundred before shipping.

You guys need to hook up with someone going to Ironman and have them bring back targets for you. USPSA targets are still $51 a hundred before shipping.

Not really. MGM uses a thinner cardboard than others, and the scoring lines are very hard to see.
If you ever spend the day ROing shooters and trying to score the darned things you will see what I mean.
They DO have the best patching tape I've found, very sticky and priced well, and their steel targets
are becoming pretty much the standard.

Not really. MGM uses a thinner cardboard than others, and the scoring lines are very hard to see.
If you ever spend the day ROing shooters and trying to score the darned things you will see what I mean.
They DO have the best patching tape I've found, very sticky and priced well, and their steel targets
are becoming pretty much the standard.

About the only targets I ever see any more are MGM's. You do have to walk within 10 or so feet to see the perfs but I have never had a problem calling the score on them. I don't think the cardboard stock thickness is an issue unless they get wet, but then all the targets have issues then.
They are the most cost effective out there IF you can bring them back with you from Ironman, that's why most of the targets we use at TCGC come from there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top