JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hosted my monthly USPSA match at the Renton Fish and Game club in Renton, WA. We had beautiful weather this Sunday and had a great time. Our section hosted an IPSC 101 class with about 10 students that shot their very first match at my club match and with checking with them they were pretty ecstatic of their first shoot.

We had 75 shooters show up with plenty of new faces, the last squad ended at 2:45pm.

Anyhow, the vids, enhoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PuZhX86pds

I have some hatcam video of me RO'ing a few of our local Production Grand Masters, should be edited and uploaded tonight.

If anyone has any questions about how to get involved, please feel free to contact me. Nothing I love more than getting new people involved.

how does one get involved in this? that looks like fun. are there any practice matches i can attend and watch?

Come out to the range and attend a "Safety Check". This is where I will go over with you all of the basics of USPSA, from history, equipment and rules.

If you pass the safety check you will be allowed to shoot a match, that is where the real learning begins.

I want you to take into consideration the videos I display are of very seasoned shooters which make up a small percentage of the field. So don't get to intimidated in what you see here.

The shooting sports at least in my club is very very new shooter friendly and most will be very helpful in getting you up to speed. Jared may be able to attest.

The hardest part of getting involved is putting your excuses aside and making the effort to come out and shoot. As long as you are comfortable with handling a loaded firearm, and can put deliberate shots down range, you can do this.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

-Aristotle B
Renton Practical Shooters Match Director

Are you going to post the videos of the production grand masters? I would love to see them in action. Young Lee is fast.

Sorry about the wait, here they are. The first couple of shots are of me RO'ing Bobby McGee and Yong Lee, both are Grand Master Production shooters in USPSA. So you get to see the closest view from a Range Officers stand point. It's a pretty good depection from begining to end during scoring of how a USPSA course of fire is conducted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RokUOci66rM

What days are the "Safety Check?" I should just PM you instead. sorry everyone.

Come out to the range and attend a "Safety Check". This is where I will go over with you all of the basics of USPSA, from history, equipment and rules.

If you pass the safety check you will be allowed to shoot a match, that is where the real learning begins.

I want you to take into consideration the videos I display are of very seasoned shooters which make up a small percentage of the field. So don't get to intimidated in what you see here.

The shooting sports at least in my club is very very new shooter friendly and most will be very helpful in getting you up to speed. Jared may be able to attest.

The hardest part of getting involved is putting your excuses aside and making the effort to come out and shoot. As long as you are comfortable with handling a loaded firearm, and can put deliberate shots down range, you can do this.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

-Aristotle B
Renton Practical Shooters Match Director

What days are the "Safety Check?" I should just PM you instead. sorry everyone.

Hello Maxx,
I have already responded to your PM, but I thought I would put this out here for anyone else interested.

I can have safety checks conducted at my club the day before a match, which is a Saturday.

My matches are always on the 4th Sunday of the month. If there are any other questions, please let me know, thanks.

Aristotle

There was a lot of new shooters at that match. The new shooter class looked like they were really having fun.

If anyone is interested don't hesitate. Aristotle's matches are VERY fun to shoot. Lots of variety with low round count stages and high round count stages. Everyone there that shoots is friendly and more than willing to give advice.

I usually just walk the stages, trying to keep the rounds on target.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top