JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've long thought the way to counter Yuppie invaders buying all the land around a range and trying to shut it down is to have a shutdown plan that says that IF the range is shut down, the property shall be developed into either a landfill or a trailer park... anything that'll send the property values of their McMansions plummeting through the floor.

Several sources online say that 9mm will travel over a mile if fired at 45 degree angle. 045 acp not far (slower muzzle velocity). So I pulled up Google Map and looked at one-mile distance. You can find homes east, west and south of the club at one mile or less. North you find commercial establishments, and maybe a rural home or two--hard to tell from the map.

If USPSA does not allow any local rules for safety purposes, they are idiots. How does anyone find a mile radius safe are except by heading into the desert? Even the nearby farming and quarrying includes human beings outdoors.

The rules are becoming so stringent at TCGC I am questioning wether to even sign up next year - when something stops being fun and becomes problematic you have to question wether it is worth it anymore. To me it seems like there is a bit of premadonna happening at TCGC with those that have been voted into office - I had a friend who got in trouble for breaking the rules yet when he requested the written rules he was told that there were too many rules to write down and there was not a complete listing documented anywehere. I feel that what he did was wrong and I know he does so it wont happen again. I have thier rule book on my desk at home and look at it every now and then. We now look throught it before we use the action pits - everytime. The problem is you can still get into trouble if you follow everyone of those rules because they can invent something new and prosecute you for it and it doesnt have to be in the rule book. I am begining to question if I want to belong to TCGC any longer. I guess I have till June to figure it out.

James Ruby

The rules are becoming so stringent at TCGC I am questioning wether to even sign up next year - when something stops being fun and becomes problematic you have to question wether it is worth it anymore. To me it seems like there is a bit of premadonna happening at TCGC with those that have been voted into office - I had a friend who got in trouble for breaking the rules yet when he requested the written rules he was told that there were too many rules to write down and there was not a complete listing documented anywehere. I feel that what he did was wrong and I know he does so it wont happen again. I have thier rule book on my desk at home and look at it every now and then. We now look throught it before we use the action pits - everytime. The problem is you can still get into trouble if you follow everyone of those rules because they can invent something new and prosecute you for it and it doesnt have to be in the rule book. I am begining to question if I want to belong to TCGC any longer. I guess I have till June to figure it out.

James Ruby

Just over 100 out of 5,000 members voted for board members this fall. You are not alone in how you feel. But don't leave, even some board members will say -no problem-, they get plenty of new applicants. The club is a great place. If you want change, work from within.

If USPSA does not allow any local rules for safety purposes, they are idiots.

An organization with around 20,000 members and 400 affiliated clubs is not stupid. USPSA has proven safety rules in place, catering to 400 clubs safety rules wouldn't make the sport safer or fun.

This is why I wouldn't allow it.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQEfcbyShGGoZsXAfgX1pHf5WIV2UPkaAVrA4ZhMg9cFjZFVRN.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqJNdzEAs21ZWgpxRqI9Tf-Nde5xr1Y41WiCy4R-wxH9subIbL.jpg

It was a fun match. Attendance was light, if I recall there were 15 shooters.

And our match at Dundee on the 23rd had 70 shooters. I've been involved with the program there for
about 9 years, and I'm pretty sure 70 is an all time record for a monthly match. Was wondering if we
would get former Tri-C shooters at Dundee, guess my question got answered.

And our match at Dundee on the 23rd had 70 shooters. I've been involved with the program there for
about 9 years, and I'm pretty sure 70 is an all time record for a monthly match. Was wondering if we

That was a great match Bill, I really enjoyed it. Some really fun stages, I had a grin on my face all day!

How does voting for board members work. In person voting only or can you mail in? If only 100 people voted last year it should be easy to stack the deck and get all the USPSA shooters to oust the board in favor of someone who will change the rule back.

I would think they could write a rule that allowed muzzle over the berm only during matches and at the same time request during a briefing that muzzles stay below the berm. You wouldn't be DQ'd if you did and I think most civilized shooters would respect that request. This would allow USPSA to continue and the "risk" minimized by to the club.

That was a lot of Bill, thanks for making my first match great!

I wonder how long the match will continue?

It's been one month. Let's give it a chance and see how the group responds. What will make these matches succeed is becoming truly different from both IDPA and USPSA with different types of stages and targets.

My personal opinion is all the doom and gloom talk has something to do with the light attendance. Until you shoot a match under the revised range rules, don't discount the events. The over the burm rule is not onerous, we've shot this way during the IDPA matches for several months in preparation.

If the big pit ever gets finished, the problems will be solved. Unfortunately, when I rejoined after moving back a bit over 20 years ago they closed the silhouette range and said it would be put in the pit in about 2 years. That never happened nor has anything they said would happen as they are still digging the pit. At the rate it is going, another 20 years ought to do it and I will only be 80 then. It's all good.:s0131:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top