JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As it stands right now, the Sunday 2-17 USPSA match at Tri-County will be the last. Tri-County passed
a rule requiring match directors to DQ any shoot that broke their "over the berm" muzzle rule. USPSA
does not allow "local rules". This will result in the pulling of USPSA certification of the TCGC program.

There may be some type of outlaw matches in the future at Tri-C, but the 20+ year run of IPSC/USPSA
matches is ending.

Is that official already??

Got it from an email from the USPSA dicipline director at Tri-C. Here's a copy/paste of the important parts:

"It is with great sadness I am writing this message to you all. A program that I have supported for 13 years is now gone. The Board at Tri-County is now going to require the Match Directors to disqualify shooters who violate the muzzle over the berm rule. This recent change to the enforcement is new, and was voted on and approved this week without any input or consulting with the various discipline directors.

This move by Tri-County is resulting in the suspension of the USPSA affiliation. With this recent change, Tri-County has violated their agreement with USPSA by enforcing local rules at a USPSA match.

As of Monday the 18th, I will also be resigning as a discipline director at Tri-County, and any matches moving forward will not be USPSA activities. Thank you to all those that have helped this club produce great matches for a lot of years. It is very much appreciated and I ask you to please continue to put your energies into one of the other Section clubs. "

"the muzzle over the berm rule. " Is something that has been coming for months.

It's actually been in place for months---but the penalty for breaking it was a warning. What has changed is that now the
Match Directors are REQUIRED to DQ the shooter if they break the rule.

Will the RO's for the various LE agencies who train weekly at TCGC now be required to DQ any of their trainees who break the "berm rule"? I don't believe so as these agencies bring a tremendous amount of revenue to TCGC!!.....Will the current TCGC RO's now be required to eject any members that they see violate the rule?......I sometimes wonder when this will end.:huh:

Will the RO's for the various LE agencies who train weekly at TCGC now be required to DQ any of their trainees who break the "berm rule"? I don't believe so as these agencies bring a tremendous amount of revenue to TCGC!!.....Will the current TCGC RO's now be required to eject any members that they see violate the rule?......I sometimes wonder when this will end.:huh:
My guess would be yes as tri county has kicked Portlands SERT team off their grounds before.

The amount of money that TCGC receives is minimal in comparison to the amount from member dues. Law enforcement is allowed to use the range partially as a public service as there are no other ranges in a reasonable distance with the capacity and partially because it provides a buffer from neighbor complaints. LEO trainers have been told that muzzles of LOADED guns will not be pointed above the berm and officers training who can't comply with that rule will not train at the club.

The LE agencies are responsible for the errors and misdeeds of their personnel. If a round leaves the range and causes damage during a LE training session, it's the LE agencies fault, not TCGC.

Once the new facilities are built down in the gravel pit, the "berm rule" can and should be closely re-examined. Admittedly, it is difficult to advocate patience but the threat of being forced to permanently close the facility due to some idiot's misadventure means taking a short-term inconvience for a long term benefit.

If it means that much to you, and you are a TCGC member, go to the board meetings and become an advocate for the new ranges. The plans have been in the works for 20 years, and the only way they will be put into motion is if the members start saying (with all due respect) "We want the new ranges, and we want them now."

The LE agencies are responsible for the errors and misdeeds of their personnel. If a round leaves the range and causes damage during a LE training session, it's the LE agencies fault, not TCGC.

Sure it wouldn't be TCGC's fault, but they would still get sued to hell.

The over-the-berm rule can be blamed squarely on the anti-gun/think of the children scumbags in Sherwood that turned the TCGC board into a bunch of paranoid lawyers.

The TCGC board "represents" the members that vote. A very, very small percentage of the membership votes. Board members here have mentioned that USPSA needs them more than the other way around. So there you go, TCGC doesn't need USPSA or LE, just membership. So until the members vote out current board members, don't expect any changes.

wow this will bring the suck, I am not a member of tcgc but have shot at a few of the uspsa matches and always enjoyed them. Hopefully the new facilities in the gravel pit get built so USPSA can again be ran at tricounty.

Sad to hear. Really did seem like a knee jerk reaction as having the muzzle over the berm will do nothing if the finger is out of the trigger guard, and if the finger was in the trigger guard, that would have been a match DQ anyway.

As it stands right now, the Sunday 2-17 USPSA match at Tri-County will be the last. Tri-County passed
a rule requiring match directors to DQ any shoot that broke their "over the berm" muzzle rule. USPSA
does not allow "local rules". This will result in the pulling of USPSA certification of the TCGC program.

There may be some type of outlaw matches in the future at Tri-C, but the 20+ year run of IPSC/USPSA
matches is ending.

ITS called preservation of "the ClUb". im not a member. hOpE tHiS hElPs comma y0.
you could always turn "the Club" in to a golf course or a driving range comma y0.

While I would like to believe that putting the ranges in the 'pit' will cure this problem, I was told that the metallic silhouette range would be put in the pit the day it officially shut down, in about 2 years (that was the same day I rejoined the club after moving back to the Portland area). That was over 20 years ago and there are still no ranges in the pit. I will probably be too old to shoot by the time anything happens in it other than more digging.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top