JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Newb question, I've gotten USPSA membership, studied the rules, and have what seems to be appropriate gear. What's next? Is there a safety class to do first, or do you just show up early to a match after registering on Practiscore?

Check club calendars before going to a match. Some are getting cancelled. Dundee just cancelled it's monthly USPSA match and ARPC cancelled it's speed steel match.

Newb question, I've gotten USPSA membership, studied the rules, and have what seems to be appropriate gear. What's next? Is there a safety class to do first, or do you just show up early to a match after registering on Practiscore?

• The Columbia Cascade Section has a revised USPSA Safety Brief that will help you through your first match
  • Albany (ARPC) has no requirement for a safety class.
  • Dundee asks that you attend a new shooter briefing prior to your first match. It's not a requirement but a good idea.

@Unibrain, Thank you kindly for the info! Guess I'll just keep training til there's a match I can sign up for. I'll probably shoot one at ARPC, but I'll be sure to let them know I'm new, and I'll take it easy and play safe. "No safety issues, and make it through the match without a DQ" is my goal for the first one.

@NWGlockgal, drat, I was planning to try the new Sig and its rig out at the Speed Steel match.

Guess we'll just have to ride out the chaos for a bit, hope you all stay safe and well!

@Lesliet I normally do registration at Albany and Dundee. Say Hi when you show up at let me know it's your first match. I'll make sure there are people on your squad to help you through the day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top