Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

USPSA 2009 Northwest Challenge hatcam videos Blaine, WA

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by Aristotle13, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Aristotle13

Aristotle13 Kent, WA Member

I shot the Northwest Challenge over at the Custer Sportsman Club up in Blaine, WA this weekend. What an awesome facility. The stages were awesome and innovative, staff were great and met a lot of new folks out.

If anyone ever gets a chance, Custer knows how to put on a fun match. Thanks again to everyone that help put that match on!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjixImpIVb4

2. capdek

capdek Oregon Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Awesome shooting AristotleB! The combo of seeing a stage from both the hatcam perspective and the perspective of the videographer following you through the course of fire is just fantastic!
    Watching your video has really got me itching to get out and shoot some USPSA matches! No doubt about it - there is nothing more adrenalin-pumping than a USPSA run-and-gun open match! Thanks for posting! :thumbup:

3. maxxborist

maxxborist Lynnwood, WA Member

cool vid!

4. easysteve

easysteve Salem, Oregon Member

That was awesome! What kind of pistol are you using for the matches?

5. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

that looks like fun. If only practical rifle was set up like this

6. Aristotle13

I'm running a SVI Infinity 9mm Major Open gun.

P1060031.jpg

7. easysteve

easysteve Salem, Oregon Member

How many times do you inject steriods per week in that thing, haha? Damn sure is nice as ****!

8. Aristotle13

She's beautiful when she's busting on the end of your finger, but I kinda think it's an ugly gun. It's pretty beat up now, bluing is mostly coming off, I bang it against doors, shooting ports, barrels and it shows it. Months worth of dry grip encrusted in the grip tape and the magwell looks like it's been dragged on concrete. But damned if she doesn't love to race. :)

I bought her from a shooting buddy that made Master Class in Open with it. He liked to "tinker" and the gun already had 5k rounds by then. I'm into my 3rd case of ammo, so somewhere around the 10k rounds since I've had her which is around a year. I spent the first 6 months mostly testing loads and rebuilding/swapping out parts, trigger, magwell, sightsystem, etc. I didn't really start shooting her until January of this year.

And I've always said my favorite view of the gun is from the rear. :-D

9. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

that is how a gun is suppose to look. Well used in battle.
    Once you use a gun for competition, plinking is just never the same.
    I have the bug as well