JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel confident about flying with my guns, not everyone agrees but that's their opinion.
I agree. In all the years I've only really had one issue. I got called off the plane once with a claim that my firearm was loaded. Evidently the x-ray person was a moron. They took me into the baggage processing area, I opened my luggage and showed them it was in fact unloaded. They resealed my bag and sent me on my way. It was pretty quick and painless, I didn't miss my flight so... no harm no foul.

I had a mail lady smash into my girlfriend's parked car and try to flee the scene about 10 years ago. Pretty sure she thought I was my brother, Certaindeath, the way I ran after her mailmobile, pounding on it and yelling. They paid up no problems.

To be fair, my luck with FedEx has been no better… that Troutdale distribution center is a veritable black hole much of the time.

I shipped a small boat across the country with some specialty shipper several years ago and they couldn't find it for half a day. It was lost in some giant freight yard. I don't remember the name of the shipper, but they insisted that there be a loading dock at the drop point. It took me forever to get them to understand that the shop had a giant forklift so we didn't need one. They also tried to collect the already paid shipping invoice on delivery.

edit: grammar

Last Edited:
I fly Alaska Airlines and have never had an issue
For decades I have had people say the same thing about buying off the auction with a Postal Money Order. Done it for many years never a problem. This of course is great until you are the one who does run into a problem. I have since Al invented the net heard many say they don't bother to get there real early to check a gun through as they have "done it for years and never had a problem". I have always warned anyone who asks to take something to entertain on the other side of security and give yourself hours. Since there are too many tales to count of someone who gets some moron who holds them up long enough to miss a flight. Those who get held up and miss the flight get no compensation for it.

Okay, here's a UPS horror story... my gal has a package with Kohl's that the last update on her order was "shipment created, UPS awaiting item" A MONTH ago. I reached out to Kohl's customer service a week after that since usually you see first movement within 2-3 days of that asking them to send someone to the warehouse loading dock and check on it... not a peep since.
Update, since there's no way to contact the warehouse and ask them to get their head out of their fundament and go make sure it got to the loading dock for pickup, between my gal, their CS rep and I we just decided to completely cancel the order. This one's on the store not UPS.

Update it arrived at the FFL, my FFL called me and told me the postal carrier just drop it off. Apparently the postal worker made the comment that " everyone was in the loop" about the package. The postal scans on USPS still show its stuck in Portland. What a cluster... Im just glad it got to my FFL
The scans aren't always accurate. I've had a few things with bad scans that ultimately turned into positive outcomes. My takeaway, when something gets a delivered scan reported online and it doesn't turn up in your hands, give it a few more days before panic mode. Yes, I know the urge to rush out and start investigating is strong.

I don't know about the deal with two tracking numbers. Most label systems, both in-house USPS and licensed versions show only one tracking number and for insurance purposes, that is rolled into it. In the past, insurance markings for the amount mentioned would've been applied with a separate insured article number in addition to the tracking number. That may still be done in small offices that don't have the up-to-date point of sale equipment that prints the all-in-one type label.

General comment re. the USPS. Around here, they are having a terrible time finding sufficient staffing to cover the work that needs doing. For one thing, the pay is no longer considered good, what with the $15.74 minimum wage and all. Benefits have been reduced for new hires. For another thing, they have to go through a lot of applicants to get some that don't prove positive on the drug test. Which includes cannabis so that rules out a lot of people who might otherwise be willing to work for the level of pay offered. So when employers are scraping the bottom of the barrel, quality of work is apt to suffer.

Somewhat related, just tonight I looked up to see what the salary is for assistant district attorneys in the Manhattan (New York County) DA's office. They run between $60K and $90K, that's it. After four years for their BA then minimum three more years for their JD. In an area where the cost of living is high.

To be fair, my luck with FedEx has been no better… that Troutdale distribution center is a veritable black hole much of the time.

Something happened to that company couple decades back and I never have heard what. For a long time they were the gold standard in shipping. Guy that got it off the ground was quite ahead of his time. Then not sure what but it just went to hell and never came back. I buy a LOT of stuff online and dread seeing FedEx when I see something shipped to me. When we first got outside cameras for the house this company was alone worth the cost of them. Couple ammo panics back had ammo coming weekly from a place that used them. Lost track of the times they showed delivered and nothing. I would review footage and their truck was never on my street. So when I would call to tell them try again and the drone would start in with did I look around the house and check the neighbors I would tell them a few times, I have cameras, your truck was never on my street. Amazingly hours later a truck would pull up and here comes my package that they had left who the hell knows where. :mad:

When did the rules change for USPS? I have sold several guns on GB and was told by the Post Office that USPS does not ship firearms and that is why I always use UPS and their rules have change as well for shipping firearms.

When did the rules change for USPS? I have sold several guns on GB and was told by the Post Office that USPS does not ship firearms and that is why I always use UPS and their rules have change as well for shipping firearms.
If you have an FFL you can ship any guns with them. If not they will accept long guns from you AFAIK. FFL' s using them to ship hand guns can normally save a good chunk of change since the others want them to go next day now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top