JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a Link From Military.com. Sounds iffy to me. I am very familiar with MLRS (Multiple Launch Rocket System) we used them in WW Desert Storm, and they worked well. They were Gen 2, and have been a Army thing and I'm sure they have gen 5 or 6 out and way mo bettah.

Too many, "What if's" for me.:(

Too many priorities being shifted by desk warmers. :rolleyes:

It's even possible certain people have a plan in mind without firing a shot.:eek:

Wuhan Virus.jpg

Former Marine tank commander here...

Sad but understandable decision. The forced move to the M1 Abrams was the beginning of the end for tanks in the Corps. It's too large and heavy to effectively launch from amphibious assault ships and the logistical tail required to support it is huge.

As an expeditionary force, the entire Corps needs to be nimble and have the ability to "turn on a dime" when it comes to reacting to tactical developments.

A large heavy tank and traditional artillery tubes don't meet this need, especially when considering force projection from the sea.

Former Marine tank commander here...

Sad but understandable decision. The forced move to the M1 Abrams was the beginning of the end for tanks in the Corps. It's too large and heavy to effectively launch from amphibious assault ships and the logistical tail required to support it is huge.

As an expeditionary force, the entire Corps needs to be nimble and have the ability to "turn on a dime" when it comes to reacting to tactical developments.

A large heavy tank and traditional artillery tubes don't meet this need, especially when considering force projection from the sea.
I as 03 I 100% agree. Many times during the invasion of Iraq, we had to come to a complete stop, dig in and wait for days for the supply train to catch up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top