JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Test Article Photos of MARSOC Winning Colt Rail Guns - Soldier Systems

colt_m45_cqbp.jpg

colt_m45_cqbp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not an awesome decision. It's a stupid decision. 1911 is a pistol that's fine for target/comp shooting but not for the field. Why? Field stripping. It's a pain. There are handguns that are easy to take apart and clean. 1911 is not amongs them.

That's funny. I could (back in the army days that is) strip it down and put it back together in less than 3 minutes in the dark.....what's so hard about a 1911????

It's not an awesome decision. It's a stupid decision. 1911 is a pistol that's fine for target/comp shooting but not for the field. Why? Field stripping. It's a pain. There are handguns that are easy to take apart and clean. 1911 is not amongs them.

If you are an combat veteran and have had hands on experiance with the 1911 and current military pistols I would like to hear more on your experiance and the plus and minus's of them.

The 1911 is a close quarters weapon like all other military pistols and it has stopping power. Like any other combat pistol, it's use is primarly to be used in an uptight situation, or as they say: "To fight your way to a long gun or safety". If SF is going to use it, they most likely have a good reason. I carried the 1911 with the M79 in part of 1967. If you had been unluckey enough to see the .45 work in the "real deal' situation you would most likely become a believer, as it is a one shot stops weapon in most cases. I sure as hell would not have wanted a 9mm back then. I now have three family members that are current Army multi tour combat veterans and even though I am 67 I have contact with current serving members of my service unit which is the 101st Airborne. The word from them? "The nine don't get it"
"Please" don't knock what you don't know.:s0155:

Yes. But this isn't replacing the m9 or like pistols. It wasn't even tested against those. It is a replacement for an already existing m45. I believe it is replacing the springfield made m45.
I never said it was just stating that you would think they could modernize the 1911 a little bit with a similar take down to newer pistols and higher capacity magazines I realize the 1911 is a battle proven weapon and I love the 1911 platform myself but there are some room for improvements :s0159:

After several combat tours, with both the m9 and the 1911, I spent my last year in the Marines as a shooting instructor, specifically the pistol. I can definitely say that the m9 is not a gun I would ever trust my life with. Ive seen these guns constantly jam and break every week. However, these aren't replacing any M9's sorts really a non issue. These are replacing 1911s put together at Quantico because its difficult for those Marines to have so many weapons on their plate.

The M9 is a piece of excrement. Beretta has made some good pistols but it ain't one of them. Good to see the 1911 is getting the much needed rail. Springfield made a model at one time but I believe they discontinued it

That's funny. I could (back in the army days that is) strip it down and put it back together in less than 3 minutes in the dark.....what's so hard about a 1911????

Takes me about 30 minutes and none of the parts seem to fit right LOL! (Hopefully a gunsmith will help with that)

Anything I consider buying anymore must be reviewed first via a 'field strip' video on Youtube before purchase. I'll only want toys that are easy to take apart, fix, clean anymore.

I agree jordanvraptor, If it is up for personal preference. I think if I where after the .45acp power I would put it in a very simple and reliable glock. + you get more rounds. But that's just me I understand the 1911 nostalgia, but I will take what I feel can serve my needs best and 7rnds for me just isn't enough.

they have 8-9-10 round mags too. i agree in the sense that you could just carry another .45. not sure what's wrong with the HK.45 or the Sig also, but i guess if the SF chose this overall it must be for a reason.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top