JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I want to use trail boss for 44spec. Using plated 240gr FP projectiles. (I have never used Trail Boss I know it's used a lot in Cowboy shooting and reduced load rounds)
My question is is this safe since all the Trail Boss data I have found is for lead bullets. I have plated bullets and don't want to buy lead if I don't have to.
And would I increase the load by a few 10ths of a grain since there plated and not lead.
My objective is to get less felt recoil for my soon to be wife.

Thanks for your input!!
Stacy

So I want to use trail boss for 44spec. Using plated 240gr FP projectiles. (I have never used Trail Boss I know it's used a lot in Cowboy shooting and reduced load rounds)
My question is is this safe since all the Trail Boss data I have found is for lead bullets. I have plated bullets and don't want to buy lead if I don't have to.
And would I increase the load by a few 10ths of a grain since there plated and not lead.
My objective is to get less felt recoil for my soon to be wife.

Thanks for your input!!
Stacy

I've used trail boss in .357, 38 SPL, .44 mag, 45 colt, 45 acp, 45/70 with plated, jacketed, lead w/wo gas checks, all were 100% good to go :s0155:
I don't use a chronograph so not 100% sure on velocities, but they were all mild recoil, fun to shoot loads :)

I've used trail boss in .357, 38 SPL, .44 mag, 45 colt, 45 acp, 45/70 with plated, jacketed, lead w/wo gas checks, all were 100% good to go :s0155:
I don't use a chronograph so not 100% sure on velocities, but they were all mild recoil, fun to shoot loads :)

Thanks, that's what I thought! I just wanted a little confirmation.

Stacy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads