JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My friend who works for the ATF tried to explain to me that it was illegal to hand a fully automatic weapon, owned by you, to somebody else on a shooting range to shoot. He said that it is a felony.

Immediately i called BS, but I did a quick search and found this?
Thoughts? It doesn't mean much, but I can't really find any information on it.

<broken link removed>

I'm curious. I'm under the impression that if they can charge people with something, they do. This, coming from an organization that confiscates harmless airsoft guns, calling them readily convertible. Please.

Anyway, I'd like some educated responses here, regardless of how silly it sounds.

David M. Goldman at www.guntrustlawyer/.com is serious putz and a gold digger. Don't believe a word that guy says! He puts out partial information and skews it to create fear and bring himself business.

The AR15, in his severely distorted version of the actual facts, was not an NFA weapon, nor was it handed to someone at a shooting range. It was a standard semi auto AR15 that was lent out for months to someone, the guy had the rifle go full auto at a gun range and then blamed it on the guy that lent it out.

The correct answer is "yes" you can let someone shoot your NFA weapons if you are present with them.

I wish I could cuss here because this is not the first incident of www.guntrustlawyer/.com pulling this deceptive BS propaganda for his own personal profit. He made up a big deceptive lie about NFA trusts that turned out to be total BS when the true story came out .

David M. Goldman is a piece of crap, he's no friend to the firearms community. He is a bottom feeding lecherous scumbag looking to pull cash money out of the wallets of the gun community

Have your friend, the ATFE agent inquire about this with his boss "J. P." and be sure to post his reply.

My friend who works for the ATF tried to explain to me that it was illegal to hand a fully automatic weapon, owned by you, to somebody else on a shooting range to shoot. He said that it is a felony.

<broken link removed>

I'm curious. I'm under the impression that if they can charge people with something, they do. This, coming from an organization that confiscates harmless airsoft guns, calling them readily convertible. Please.

Anyway, I'd like some educated responses here, regardless of how silly it sounds.

The correct answer is "yes" you can let someone shoot your NFA weapons if you are present with them.

That is my understanding also. I used to go to Albany for there shoots every year in the early to mid 90's. I was always told that the owner of a registered gun must not loose control of the weapon and by standing next somebody at the range is still maintaining control. Heck I have barrowed Army National Gaurd guns to shoot a course of fire and then return the weapon to them. Because that was a registered government weapon does the ATF have a say in that? It was my understand that if you loose sight of the person barrowing your weapon, you have lost control................

I know for sure that an individual that owns an NFA weapon is not allowed to lend it to a friend so they can take it to the range. The NFA owner must be present, trasport, and maintain control of it. If a LEO were to ask for the paperwork, the owner must be able to present the paperwork along with matching ID. Allowing someone to shoot your NFA gun for a minute is still maintaining control of it as rdb241 previously stated.

Any class 3 item must be in the owners position at all times or left at home, anytime he takes it outside of his house, it must be accompanied by the correct paperwork, anyone can use his suppressor, full auto, sbr as long as he's present and has his forms, failure to do so, will land you in jail.

That is my understanding also. I used to go to Albany for there shoots every year in the early to mid 90's. I was always told that the owner of a registered gun must not loose control of the weapon and by standing next somebody at the range is still maintaining control. Heck I have barrowed Army National Gaurd guns to shoot a course of fire and then return the weapon to them. Because that was a registered government weapon does the ATF have a say in that? It was my understand that if you loose sight of the person barrowing your weapon, you have lost control................

So, what if you're out shooting your M2 with some friends and need to go take a dump? :D

<broken link removed>

Your friend is wrong.

Great responses, especially the background information on that lawyer. It seemed to be the case when I read that, too. I had a feeling about that very situation. Funny how sometimes you can see these things in advance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top