JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use the Modified Gangster approach.

You use your right hand like you are hanging off of monkey bars with it only, pointing the pistol and "throwing" the bullets while the other hand is holding the crotch of your pants to keep them up.

It's terrible for hitting the person you may be shooting at but always racks up an innocent bystander in Chicago/DC/Atlanta etc.

Gangsta style. Important part is gangsta grabs crotch, whereupon all those present figure gangsta has some kind of fierce crotch crud. Not wanting to catch it, they all run away.

I've always wanted to learn gangster style. I'm guessing you would see the target and the left side of the slide above it.

A laser would be a big help in learning the correct grip angle and arm position.

The most important part of accuracy is consistant practice.

He had me at "Gooder".
Me too... I couldn't focus on the rest D285EDEB-0076-46BF-8002-2FE24273F886.jpeg

I use the Modified Gangster approach.

You use your right hand like you are hanging off of monkey bars with it only, pointing the pistol and "throwing" the bullets while the other hand is holding the crotch of your pants to keep them up.

It's terrible for hitting the person you may be shooting at but always racks up an innocent bystander in Chicago/DC/Atlanta etc.

I use modified for hunting. Its very handy for shootin over bushes.:p

I use modified for hunting. Its very handy for shootin over bushes.:p

I read a recent story about a member of a hunting party suffering fatal friendly fire... he was in the brush/reprod when a member of the party made a good "sound shot"! Seems as there are too many of these stories! People just don't get the word...

Around here we call them "Portland hunters". :p;):D

With the asshattery over, my personal preference is a front sight focus or keeping eyes on the target. I don't do well with a rear sight focus.

Sights? Don' need no stinking sights!!!

I don't think you should pigeon-hole yourself into any one method. When I'm close to someone or a group, I'm totally target fixated. If its gonna happen, it will be fast and dirty and that's not a good time to figure out your draw and reactive shooting skills are lacking. I also tend to stay more square to the target.

From further away, I'm more deliberate and focus hard on the front sight. I also tend to blade off a little more. Bad habit, maybe. But, I can hit more consistently.

This is where a RDS gives an advantage. It allows you to sat more target fixated regardless and also allows for easier shooting at distances 15 yards and out.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top