JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to be shooting my single shot AR pistol at the range soon. I decided to run it without a handguard. That means I won't have any convenient spots to mount a bipod. I noticed revolver shooters rest the barrel directly on a rest like in photo below. Does that detract from accuracy potential of the revolver? I could mount a section of picatinny rail on the bottom of a 10rnd mag, insert the mag in the magwell and mount a bipod to that. I suspect the accuracy that I'll be giving up by resting the barrel directly on the rest won't be that great?

1647900126262.png

Yes, that will work. Sandbags will also work. Resting the base of the grip on sandbags also helps. A ransom rest is another great option for properly sighting in a handgun.

Once you have verified that your sights are good to go using a rest, learn to master shooting a handgun without rests. Shooting handguns with rests will often mask poor trigger skills.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top