Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Using my Gun Trust to buy a Pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by aforslund, Aug 17, 2012.

1. aforslund

aforslund Missoula New Member

Hi

I'm a Montanan and none of my local shops stock the Walther PPQ. I don't want to order one and pre-pay only to hold it and find it's not for me.

I know that Washington won't sell out of staters handguns. But, could my Gun Trust buy it in Washington? I know my trust can buy silencers in Washington.

Thanks

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Do you currently live in Washington.. Do you have a WA drivers license ?

3. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Lets back up and start with what's a "gun trust" Is that like where an attorney holds money to be allocated in set amounts for guns and ammo. I love this idea from a distance. This would likely save me many looks of incredulity from the wife and a warmer bedtime atmosphere at home.

4. aforslund

aforslund Missoula New Member

MarkAD

I am an Montanan with a Montana Drivers License.

I have a Concealed Weapons Permit in Montana and a CPL in Washington.

Since the Gun Trust would be making the purchase does it matter? I know the Trust can buy NFA items in Washington.

Thanks

5. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

I am not an attorney nor do I play one on TV... (disclaimer)
    Just out of curiosity where is the trust based? It would seem reasonable that a trust capable of purchasing a suppressor in WA could purchase a firearm in WA. You may wish to contact the seller of the NFA item(s) you purchased in WA to find out if they have the answer as they are obviously experienced in doing transfers to a trust.

6. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

The safest answer you should have been given is to contact a lawyer versed in Washington gun laws.

7. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You can buy a pistol from Washington and have it shipped to an FFL in Montana to be then transfered to you through a 4473 and any applical local laws. No idea what a Trust would have to do with it.

8. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

A trust located in WA can purchase in WA. A trust is not a dealer that can purchase across state lines.

9. waltermitty

waltermitty seattle Active Member

i'm not sure what you think a gun trust entitles you to, so you may want to review this
    with a firearms knowledgeable attorney. that said, a trust does not allow you any
    additional privileges that a garden variety citizen doesn't already possess....specific
    to Title 1 firearms.

10. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

and a dealer should not have sold an NFA item to you across state lines without passing through a class III FFL in your state...