JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to eventually add a nice scope to my AR for long distance stuff (400 + yards). I've grown quite accustomed to the iron sights for short to medium range, especially for CQB. What are my options for mixing these 2 things? I'd like to keep them both mounted and ready. Looks like the only method I can find is mounting the scope on top of an A2 carry handle. Does that also leave the lane clear along the iron sight? Are there any other ways to do this? I came across this 45 degree angle adapter, YHM 9691A 3 Slot Angle Riser Yankee Hill Machine . I envision mounting the scope along the angle. Is that a practical way to achieve what I'm after?

Just exploring options.

Mounting a ACOG on an your carry handle is a great way to go. ACOG is good out to 600 or 800 yards depending on model. Iron sights are still usable.
An ACOG is great if you want to waste your money! They are an over priced optic only because they are now used by the military. Before the military contracts they were reasonable cost and a great optic. Now it is like paying 1500$ for a saiga shotgun, you are wasting your money.

An ACOG is great if you want to waste your money! They are an over priced optic only because they are now used by the military. Before the military contracts they were reasonable cost and a great optic. Now it is like paying 1500$ for a saiga shotgun, you are wasting your money.

I'd have to disagree, ACOGs are amazing for what they are. The company is awesome it only took me 13 days to get mine and the things is virtually indestructible. Not to mention when it comes time to sell it I'll probably make money considering I got mine for $700 new. If you like the clarity, reliability, and versatility of an ACOG I would go with it.

I came across this 45 degree angle adapter, YHM 9691A 3 Slot Angle Riser Yankee Hill Machine . I envision mounting the scope along the angle. Is that a practical way to achieve what I'm after?
Typically the guys that use a setup like that mount the scope on top and use the 45 degree mount for a red-dot.
IIRC some of the ACOGS have a small red dot sight mounted on top of them for CQB.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top