JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Reactions
Samsung Galaxy S10
Android version 10

Any time I'm typing in the text field to compose or reply to a thread and hit either the backspace key or the enter key it closes the keyboard.
Oddly, it doesn't do that when I'm typing in the text field to compose the title.
:s0092:

Interesting, I get that also. I'm using a Pixel 4a.

Just tested on my Galaxy S7, Android v8.0, and the issue doesn't occur.

Last Edited:
I'm technically challenged, so I have no idea how to even check to see which keyboard I'm using. It's the same one I've been using since I got the phone, and the problem cropped up late last week or possibly over the weekend.

which keyboard I'm using

Look in settings>system>languages and input. If it says Gboard try switching to the Samsung keyboard. That's what my S7 without the issue is using.

Screenshot_20200901-125936.png

Weird, I'm runnin a Pixel4 with the android OS, and I have no issues what so ever! :s0092:
Checked my old back up S6, also android, and no issue there ether!:s0092:

Has the up and down, and left back scroll, and side swipe to back of forward, all works fine for me!
Took a little getting used to the left swipe back function, but it's no biggy!

Weird, I'm runnin a Pixel4 with the android OS, and I have no issues what so ever! :s0092:

Has the up and down, and left back scroll, and side swipe to back of forward, all works fine for me!

It's probably just the site hating on me 'cuz I'm old and technologically challenged.
:confused:

What version of Android is on your pixel 4?

I tried blaming it on my horse since I type most of what I post here from my saddle, but he wasn't having any of it. I'll try blaming the dogs next. If they don't fess up I'll just mentally blame it on my wife and then keep my mouth shut 'cuz...well... just 'cuz. ;)

I'm running the latest iOS and for WEEKS AND WEEKS... AND WEEKS if I reply to a post and I tap the return key to start a new paragraph or just put some space between items the cursor will randomly jump and delete some of my typing or image entries.

It's not every time, but it's the vast majority of times that it'll happen. If I fail to thoroughly proof read before I hit the reply button it can give the impression that I went to public school.

:eek:

Last Edited:
This is a really odd issue. I don't have an Android to test, but I'm still looking for a solution. I appreciate you guys talking it out here so I can get an idea of any differences or similarities :s0155:

I always us Duck Duck Go, so I tried it just using the google browser. Made no difference. What really has me stumped is why it would act up when I'm typing in this text field but acts all prim and proper in the text field where I entered the thread title...
Stoopid phones. :s0092:

I always us Duck Duck Go, so I tried it just using the google browser. Made no difference. What really has me stumped is why it would act up when I'm typing in this text field but acts all prim and proper in the text field where I entered the thread title...
Stoopid phones. :s0092:

I uninstalled the August 25th update of Chrome and the issue stopped happening. I would give that a try to see if it fixes the issue for you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top